* Question maximum throughput virtio interface / channel bounding inside KVM guest
@ 2013-11-08  9:06 Denny Fuchs
       [not found] ` <CAOjFWZ7NjUHHa7KSNyAj3GbKumPV_PQeUzhxVeJDoi2xpCNdmA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Denny Fuchs @ 2013-11-08  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

hi,

I have Proxmox3 VE (based on Debian Wheezy) up and running with 2 LACP enabled 1Gb Intel interfaces, connected to a CISCO. I want to know, how I can get more than one gigabit inside a KVM guest (also Debian Wheezy). What are the limits for virtio ? For our backup and fileserver it would be nice, to get more throughput. I don't need LACP inside the guest too, Round-Robin (or something else) would be OK. I was able to create a bounding inside the backup guest with round-robin, but I think, it doesn't play well, because both virtual interfaces are in the same bridge, with the physical interfaces (connected via LACP).

any suggestions?

cu denny

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: Question maximum throughput virtio interface / channel bounding inside KVM guest
       [not found] ` <CAOjFWZ7NjUHHa7KSNyAj3GbKumPV_PQeUzhxVeJDoi2xpCNdmA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-11-09 12:04   ` Denny Fuchs
       [not found]     ` <CAOjFWZ4zYMJbhMEiosaxVzpna94mdT_9oO4XigRkJ59qeP9iUw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Denny Fuchs @ 2013-11-09 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

hi,

Am 08.11.2013 um 18:01 schrieb Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>:

> Fire up the VM and start multiple connections to multiple servers and you should get an aggregate throughput over 1 Gbps.

[…]

that is, what I already have :-)

> AFAIK, there's no way to get more than 1 Gbps on a single connection between the VM and a single server using LACP.

the NFS fileserver has up to 112 diskless clients which connects at same time, so I didn’t mean single client <-> single server.

So, what are the limits for virtio? I get next year 10Gb interfaces :-)

cu denny

@ 2013-11-13 15:22       ` Denny Fuchs
From: Denny Fuchs @ 2013-11-13 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)