* archiving ipmitool fork
@ 2019-01-15 16:02 Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2019-01-15 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanous, Ed; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Ed

I’m looking at https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/17307

Does this mean we can archive our ipmitool fork on GitHub?

thx -brad

* Re: archiving ipmitool fork
@ 2019-01-15 16:43 ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2019-01-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On 1/15/19 8:02 AM, Brad Bishop wrote:
> Hi Ed
>
> I’m looking at https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/17307
>
> Does this mean we can archive our ipmitool fork on GitHub?
That was the hope, but I don't want to force it if JK had plans to work
on that repo some more.  At the very least this patch gets us up to the
current release of ipmitool, gets us building against 2.6, and drops an
OpenBMC specific recipe.

* Re: archiving ipmitool fork
@ 2019-01-15 17:49 ` Vernon Mauery
From: Vernon Mauery @ 2019-01-15 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Bishop; +Cc: Tanous, Ed, OpenBMC Maillist

On 15-Jan-2019 11:02 AM, Brad Bishop wrote:
>Hi Ed
>
>I’m looking at https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/17307
>
>Does this mean we can archive our ipmitool fork on GitHub?

Yes. Once we move to the yocto way of dealing with ipmitool, we can
simply manage our stack of patches.

For now, this means that we have a bunch of patches. Once the new ipmi
dbus interface is implemented, I plan on pushing the interface upstream
to ipmitool. Then we can just use the upstream ipmitool without any
patches.

--Vernon

* Re: archiving ipmitool fork
@ 2019-01-18  2:43   ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2019-01-18  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 08:43:34AM -0800, Ed Tanous wrote:
> On 1/15/19 8:02 AM, Brad Bishop wrote:
> > Hi Ed
> >
> > I’m looking at https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/17307
> >
> > Does this mean we can archive our ipmitool fork on GitHub?
> That was the hope, but I don't want to force it if JK had plans to work
> on that repo some more.  At the very least this patch gets us up to the
> current release of ipmitool, gets us building against 2.6, and drops an
> OpenBMC specific recipe.
Thanks.  Archived!

-brad