* GIGABYTE U8000-RH Analog source support ?
@ 2010-03-03 17:00 RoboSK
From: RoboSK @ 2010-03-03 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi, i find this page *1 with last change from "3 May 2009" with text "no
driver written for the CX25843-24Z" and then this *2 from "27 September
2009" with text "CX2584x chips are fully supported by Linux..." = have
linux (now/future) support for Analog source with this USB stick ?

thanks

Robo

*1
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Gigabyte_U8000-RH

*2
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Conexant_CX2584x

* Re: GIGABYTE U8000-RH Analog source support ?
@ 2010-03-03 17:02 ` Devin Heitmueller
From: Devin Heitmueller @ 2010-03-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RoboSK; +Cc: linux-media

2010/3/3 RoboSK <ucet.na.diskusie@gmail.com>:
> Hi, i find this page *1 with last change from "3 May 2009" with text "no
> driver written for the CX25843-24Z" and then this *2 from "27 September
> 2009" with text "CX2584x chips are fully supported by Linux..." = have linux
> (now/future) support for Analog source with this USB stick ?
>
> thanks
>
> Robo

The wiki page is just wrong.  The reason that board is not supported
is not because of the cx25843.  It's because the dib0700 bridge falls
under the dvb-usb framework, and the framework doesn't have analog
support at all.

Adding such support would be a huge undertaking, but if it were done a
whole bunch of products would start getting analog support (all of the
dib0700 products which also have analog onboard).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: GIGABYTE U8000-RH Analog source support ?
@ 2010-03-31 18:26   ` Fernando P. García
From: Fernando P. García @ 2010-03-31 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devin Heitmueller; +Cc: linux-media

So it needs 2.5 weeks, how much per hour do you estimate?

Blessings.

--
Fernando P. García, http://www.develcuy.com
+51 1 9 8991 7871, Calle Santa Catalina Ancha #377, Cusco - Perú

** Before printing this message, please consider your commitment with
the environment, taking care of it depends on you.
** Antes de imprimir este mensaje piensa en tu compromiso con el medio
ambiente, protegerlo depende de tí.

* Re: GIGABYTE U8000-RH Analog source support ?
@ 2010-03-31 17:45 ` Devin Heitmueller
From: Devin Heitmueller @ 2010-03-31 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernando; +Cc: linux-media

@ 2010-03-31  5:11 Fernando P. García