* Intro to fstests environment?
@ 2019-10-03 17:51 Graham Cobb
From: Graham Cobb @ 2019-10-03 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I seem to have another case where scrub gets confused when it is
cancelled and restarted many times (or, maybe, it is my error or
something). I will look into it further but, instead of just hacking
away at my script to work out what is going on, I thought I might try to
create a regression test for it this time.

I have read the kdave/fstests READMEs and the wiki. Is there any other
documentation or advice I should read? Of course, I will look at
existing test scripts as well.

I don't suppose anyone has a convenient VM image or similar which I can
use as a starting point?

Graham

* Re: Intro to fstests environment?
@ 2019-10-04 11:19 ` Austin S. Hemmelgarn
From: Austin S. Hemmelgarn @ 2019-10-04 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Cobb, linux-btrfs

On 2019-10-03 13:51, Graham Cobb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have another case where scrub gets confused when it is
> cancelled and restarted many times (or, maybe, it is my error or
> something). I will look into it further but, instead of just hacking
> away at my script to work out what is going on, I thought I might try to
> create a regression test for it this time.
>
> I have read the kdave/fstests READMEs and the wiki. Is there any other
> documentation or advice I should read? Of course, I will look at
> existing test scripts as well.
>
> I don't suppose anyone has a convenient VM image or similar which I can
> use as a starting point?

Theodore T'so has a project on GitHub called xfstests-bld [1] to
automate setup of an environment for GCE or Android or a QEMU VM to run
xfstests.  That's probably going to be your best bet as a starting point
as it not only has a bunch of the infrastructure needed to build such
things, but also has good documentation.

[1] https://github.com/tytso/xfstests-bld