* ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.4.13-rc1-7f1b863.cki (stable)
@ 2020-01-16 12:13 ` CKI Project
From: CKI Project @ 2020-01-16 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Stable maillist
	Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu

Hello,

We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:

       Kernel repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
            Commit: 7f1b8631b5a5 - Linux 5.4.13-rc1

The results of these automated tests are provided below.

    Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
             Merge: OK
           Compile: OK
             Tests: FAILED

All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:

  https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385189

One or more kernel tests failed:

    ppc64le:
     ❌ LTP

    aarch64:
     ❌ Networking tunnel: gre basic
     ❌ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic

    x86_64:
     ❌ Networking route_func: local
     ❌ Networking tunnel: geneve basic test

We hope that these logs can help you find the problem quickly. For the full
detail on our testing procedures, please scroll to the bottom of this message.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that we
ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more effective.

        ,-.   ,-.
       ( C ) ( K )  Continuous
        `-',-.`-'   Kernel
          ( I )     Integration
           `-'

Compile testing
---------------

We compiled the kernel for 3 architectures:

    aarch64:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

    ppc64le:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

    x86_64:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

Hardware testing
----------------
We booted each kernel and ran the following tests:

  aarch64:
    Host 1:
       ✅ Boot test
       ✅ Podman system integration test (as root)
       ✅ Podman system integration test (as user)
       ✅ LTP
       ✅ Loopdev Sanity
       ✅ Memory function: memfd_create
       ✅ AMTU (Abstract Machine Test Utility)
       ✅ Networking bridge: sanity
       ✅ Ethernet drivers sanity
       ✅ Networking MACsec: sanity
       ✅ Networking socket: fuzz
       ✅ Networking sctp-auth: sockopts test
       ✅ Networking: igmp conformance test
       ✅ Networking route: pmtu
       ✅ Networking route_func: local
       ✅ Networking route_func: forward
       ✅ Networking TCP: keepalive test
       ✅ Networking UDP: socket
       ✅ Networking tunnel: geneve basic test
       ❌ Networking tunnel: gre basic
       ✅ L2TP basic test
       ❌ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic
       ✅ Networking ipsec: basic netns transport
       ✅ Networking ipsec: basic netns tunnel
       ✅ audit: audit testsuite test
       ✅ httpd: mod_ssl smoke sanity
       ✅ tuned: tune-processes-through-perf
       ✅ ALSA PCM loopback test
       ✅ ALSA Control (mixer) Userspace Element test
       ✅ storage: SCSI VPD
       ✅ trace: ftrace/tracer
       🚧 ✅ CIFS Connectathon
       ⏱  POSIX pjd-fstest suites
       ⏱  jvm test suite
       ⏱  Memory function: kaslr
       ⏱  LTP: openposix test suite
       ⏱  Networking vnic: ipvlan/basic
       ⏱  iotop: sanity
       ⏱  Usex - version 1.9-29
       ⏱  storage: dm/common

    Host 2:

       ⚡ Internal infrastructure issues prevented one or more tests (marked
       with ⚡⚡⚡) from running on this architecture.
       This is not the fault of the kernel that was tested.

       ✅ Boot test
       ✅ xfstests: ext4
       ✅ xfstests: xfs
       ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
       ✅ lvm thinp sanity
       ✅ storage: software RAID testing
       ✅ stress: stress-ng
       🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ IPMI driver test
       🚧 ✅ IPMItool loop stress test
       🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Storage blktests

  ppc64le:
    Host 1:
       ✅ Boot test
       ✅ xfstests: ext4
       ✅ xfstests: xfs
       ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
       ✅ lvm thinp sanity
       ✅ storage: software RAID testing
       🚧 ✅ IPMI driver test
       🚧 ✅ IPMItool loop stress test
       🚧 ✅ Storage blktests

    Host 2:
[...]

       ⏱  Storage SAN device stress - mpt3sas driver

    Host 2:
       ⏱  Boot test
       ⏱  Storage SAN device stress - megaraid_sas

    Host 3:

       ⚡ Internal infrastructure issues prevented one or more tests (marked
       with ⚡⚡⚡) from running on this architecture.
       This is not the fault of the kernel that was tested.

       ✅ Boot test
       ✅ xfstests: ext4
       ✅ xfstests: xfs
       ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
       ✅ lvm thinp sanity
       ✅ storage: software RAID testing
       ✅ stress: stress-ng
       🚧 ✅ IOMMU boot test
       🚧 ✅ IPMI driver test
       🚧 ✅ IPMItool loop stress test
       🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ power-management: cpupower/sanity test
       🚧 ✅ Storage blktests

    Host 4:
[...]
       ✅ pciutils: sanity smoke test
       ✅ ALSA PCM loopback test
       ✅ ALSA Control (mixer) Userspace Element test
       ✅ storage: SCSI VPD
       ✅ trace: ftrace/tracer
       🚧 ✅ CIFS Connectathon
       🚧 ✅ POSIX pjd-fstest suites
       ⏱  jvm test suite
       ⏱  Memory function: kaslr
       ⏱  LTP: openposix test suite
       ⏱  Networking vnic: ipvlan/basic
       ⏱  iotop: sanity
       ⏱  Usex - version 1.9-29
       ⏱  storage: dm/common

  Test sources: https://github.com/CKI-project/tests-beaker
    💚 Pull requests are welcome for new tests or improvements to existing tests!

Waived tests
------------
If the test run included waived tests, they are marked with 🚧. Such tests are
executed but their results are not taken into account. Tests are waived when
their results are not reliable enough, e.g. when they're just introduced or are
being fixed.

Testing timeout
---------------
We aim to provide a report within reasonable timeframe. Tests that haven't
finished running are marked with ⏱. Reports for non-upstream kernels have
a Beaker recipe linked to next to each host.

* [LTP] ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.4.13-rc1-7f1b863.cki (stable)
@ 2020-01-16 12:13 ` CKI Project
From: CKI Project @ 2020-01-16 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

[...]

       ? L2TP basic test
[...]

* Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.4.13-rc1-7f1b863.cki (stable)
@ 2020-01-16 13:41   ` Rachel Sibley
From: Rachel Sibley @ 2020-01-16 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CKI Project, Linux Stable maillist
  Cc: Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu, Memory Management, Jianlin Shi,
	Jan Stancek, LTP Mailing List

On 1/16/20 7:13 AM, CKI Project wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>
>         Kernel repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
>              Commit: 7f1b8631b5a5 - Linux 5.4.13-rc1
>
> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>
>      Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>               Merge: OK
>             Compile: OK
>               Tests: FAILED
>
> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
>
>    https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385189
>
> One or more kernel tests failed:
>
>      ppc64le:
>       ❌ LTP

Hi, I see max_map_count failed on ppc64le:
https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385189/logs/ppc64le_host_2_LTP_mm.run.log

>      aarch64:
>       ❌ Networking tunnel: gre basic
>       ❌ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic
>
>      x86_64:
>       ❌ Networking route_func: local
>       ❌ Networking tunnel: geneve basic test

Please disregard the networking failures, they are related to an infrastructure bug and we now
have a workaround to avoid these failure until it's resolved, you should stop seeing these shortly,
sorry for the noise!

From: Rachel Sibley @ 2020-01-16 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

> [...]

>         ?  iotop: sanity
>         ?  Usex - version 1.9-29
>         ?  storage: dm/common
>
>    Test sources: https://github.com/CKI-project/tests-beaker
>      ? Pull requests are welcome for new tests or improvements to existing tests!
>
> Waived tests
> ------------
> If the test run included waived tests, they are marked with ?. Such tests are
> executed but their results are not taken into account. Tests are waived when
> their results are not reliable enough, e.g. when they're just introduced or are
> being fixed.
>
> Testing timeout
> ---------------
> We aim to provide a report within reasonable timeframe. Tests that haven't
> finished running are marked with ?. Reports for non-upstream kernels have
> a Beaker recipe linked to next to each host.

* Re: [LTP] ??? FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.4.13-rc1-7f1b863.cki (stable)
@ 2020-01-16 15:37     ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2020-01-16 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rachel Sibley
  Cc: CKI Project, Linux Stable maillist, Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu,
	Memory Management, Jianlin Shi, LTP Mailing List

Hi!
> > One or more kernel tests failed:
> >
> >      ppc64le:
> >       ??? LTP
>
> Hi, I see max_map_count failed on ppc64le:
> https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385189/logs/ppc64le_host_2_LTP_mm.run.log

That's strange, we do attempt to map 65536 mappings but we do not touch
them, so these shouldn't be faulted in, so there is no real reason why
mmap() in the child process should stop prematurely at 65532.

I guess that we cannot do much here, unless it's reproducible, because
there is not much information there.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2020-01-16 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

Hi!

@ 2020-01-17  8:35       ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2020-01-17  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Hrubis
  Cc: Rachel Sibley, Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu, Memory Management,
	Linux Stable maillist, Jianlin Shi, CKI Project,
	LTP Mailing List

> > Hi, I see max_map_count failed on ppc64le:
> > https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385189/logs/ppc64le_host_2_LTP_mm.run.log
>
> That's strange, we do attempt to map 65536 mappings but we do not touch
> them, so these shouldn't be faulted in, so there is no real reason why
> mmap() in the child process should stop prematurely at 65532.
>
> I guess that we cannot do much here, unless it's reproducible, because
> there is not much information there.

max_map_count.c:205: FAIL: 64882 map entries in total, but expected 65536 entries

I can reproduce it by running it in loop for couple hours. Though no idea
why we started seeing it only in 5.4.13 rc kernels, as there doesn't seem
to be any significant mm changes.

I'll try some older kernels.

From: Jan Stancek @ 2020-01-17  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

@ 2020-01-17 16:44         ` Naresh Kamboju
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2020-01-17 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Stancek
  Cc: Cyril Hrubis, Rachel Sibley, Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu,
	Memory Management, Linux Stable maillist, Jianlin Shi,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 14:05, Jan Stancek <jstancek@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

I have noticed max_map_count fail intermittently on multiple stable
branches on slow devices.

max_map_count.c:202: FAIL: 63231 map entries in total, but expected
65536 entries

https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-stable-rc-4.19-oe/tests/ltp-mm-tests/max_map_count
https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-mainline-oe/tests/ltp-mm-tests/max_map_count?&page=2

- Naresh

From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2020-01-17 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

@ 2020-01-20 20:55       ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2020-01-20 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Hrubis
  Cc: Rachel Sibley, Jianwen Ji, Hangbin Liu, Memory Management,
	Linux Stable maillist, Jianlin Shi, CKI Project,
	LTP Mailing List, Naresh Kamboju

From: Jan Stancek @ 2020-01-20 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp