* multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-08  4:48 Arun
From: Arun @ 2021-09-08  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have a custom project where I am building for 64-bit kernel and 32-bit
userspace using multilib config

*# for 32bit userspace build*

*require conf/multilib.confMULTILIBS =
"multilib:lib32"DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "armv7athf-neon"*

I am successfully able to build the target image as
*MACHINE=<custom_machine> bitbake lib32-<custom_target>*

However, when I try to build the SDK, I am noticing that the userspace
recipes are being built for  both 64-bit and 32-bit. I am running into
errors for 64-bit. I have no need for 64-bit, *is there any way I can
disable 64-bit build for SDK?*

note: I am building SDK via this command without lib32- prefix for target,
following details from this commit message
<http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=77144bc808be02deb3351c9c1bf5b4f2b8c3a6ec>
stating that lib32- prefix is not required
*MACHINE=<custom_machine> bitbake -c populate_sdk <custom_target>*

thanks
-Arun

* Re: multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-14 22:41 ` Arun
From: Arun @ 2021-09-14 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Bumping this question...

Is there a way for me to disable building of 64-bit packages when building SDK with a multilib config? I have no use for 64-bit userspace package artifacts.

* Re: [yocto] multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-14 22:52   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-14 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 3:41 PM Arun <arun.sivakumaran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bumping this question...
>
> Is there a way for me to disable building of 64-bit packages when building SDK with a multilib config? I have no use for 64-bit userspace package artifacts.

I think since kernel is 64bit it might be building some tools and
packages to support kernel builds. Is there a specific need to not
build 64bit userspace completely ?

* Re: multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-15  1:13     ` Arun
From: Arun @ 2021-09-15  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

The packages that SDK is trying to build are userspace packages and they haven't been ported for 64-bit. There are quite a few of them and short of fixing 64-bit compile issues for all of them, I am trying to see if I can build SDK without these packages built for. 64-bit. The SDK users will only be developing for 32-bit anyway.

* Re: [yocto] multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-15  2:21       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-15  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun, yocto

On 9/14/21 6:13 PM, Arun wrote:
> The packages that SDK is trying to build are userspace packages and they
> haven't been ported for 64-bit. There are quite a few of them and short
> of fixing 64-bit compile issues for all of them, I am trying to see if I
> can build SDK without these packages built for. 64-bit. The SDK users
> will only be developing for 32-bit anyway.

you should check the dependencies and ensure they are multilib safe
sometimes dependencies could be hardcodes and cross the multilib
boundaries accidentally

* Re: [yocto] multilib SDK
@ 2021-09-15  3:42         ` Arun
From: Arun @ 2021-09-15  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)