* Hang at 'rbd info <image>'
@ 2011-12-19  3:32 Eric_YH_Chen
From: Eric_YH_Chen @ 2011-12-19  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel; +Cc: Chris_YT_Huang, Alex_Lee

Hi, all:

    I met a situation that ceph system would hang at ‘rbd info <image>.
  Only can reproduced on one image.
  How can I know what happened? Is there any log that I can provide to you for analysis? Thanks!

* Re: Hang at 'rbd info <image>'
@ 2011-12-19 19:01 ` Tommi Virtanen
From: Tommi Virtanen @ 2011-12-19 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric_YH_Chen; +Cc: ceph-devel, Chris_YT_Huang, Alex_Lee

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 19:32,  <Eric_YH_Chen@wistron.com> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
>     I met a situation that ceph system would hang at ‘rbd info <image>.
>   Only can reproduced on one image.
>   How can I know what happened? Is there any log that I can provide to you for analysis? Thanks!

That would happen if the object that stores the rbd image header would
be unreachable. Is your cluster healthy ("ceph health", "ceph -s")?

* RE: Hang at 'rbd info <image>'
@ 2011-12-29  9:49   ` Eric_YH_Chen
From: Eric_YH_Chen @ 2011-12-29  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tommi.virtanen; +Cc: ceph-devel, Chris_YT_Huang

Hi, Tommi:

   The health of ceph is 'HEALTH_OK'.

   Do you want to see any other information of ceph cluster?

    I also tried these two command but no use.

   `ceph osd repair *`
   `ceph osd scrub *`

    And I also cannot map the rbd image to rbd device.

    Is there any solution to fix it? I cannot access the rbd image anymore.

    Thanks!

@ 2011-12-29 17:41     ` Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub
From: Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub @ 2011-12-29 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric_YH_Chen; +Cc: tommi.virtanen, ceph-devel, Chris_YT_Huang

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:49 AM,  <Eric_YH_Chen@wistron.com> wrote:
> Hi, Tommi:
>
>   The health of ceph is 'HEALTH_OK'.
>
>   Do you want to see any other information of ceph cluster?
>
>    I also tried these two command but no use.
>
>   `ceph osd repair *`
>   `ceph osd scrub *`
>
>    And I also cannot map the rbd image to rbd device.
>
>    Is there any solution to fix it? I cannot access the rbd image anymore.

What does 'ceph -s' say?

Yehuda