* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
       [not found] <mailman.66247.1497786545.15860.yocto@yoctoproject.org>
@ 2017-06-18 18:10 ` Gunnar Andersson
From: Gunnar Andersson @ 2017-06-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Riko Ho <antonius.riko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I tried to compile chromium but never succeeded, took me already 12
> hours and stopped on 99%, I used bitbake for doing it,

Not sure what would cause it to just stop and it could have been some
temporary glitch?   Maybe you want to provide some logs of your build if
Martin's reference does not help.

> Is chromium not compatible with arm CPU ? it was working with X86_64
> before.

Is it a Wayland based project or X based desktop type?

GENIVI worked with Igalia to update chromium support for Wayland.  You can
take a look at the feature branch for GENIVI Development Platform [1] if it
helps.  I think you'd need to work out why your build freezes completely
first, however.

Since it's a work in progress I don't guarantee that it is clean or easy to
follow yet.  A lot of workarounds and tweaks: [2]. We're temporarily on a
fork of ozone-wayland because of recent multi-screen support for example.

It builds and runs on Renesas R-Car generation 3 (64 bit ARMv8).  It builds
on Raspberry Pi as well but there's a runtime problem.  And of course x86_64
like e.g. Minnowboard.  It seems to need a few unique tweaks for every ARM
board so I guess it depends what you are doing.

Please feel free to help us get things extracted out of there and into meta-
browser and chromium or ozone upstream.  We're focusing first on fixing the
boards that don't work and then we'll know more what the final patches for
upstream should look like.

> And how can I clean after building it ? It took about 70Gb of my drive

You could also try  INHERIT += "rm_work"
see [3], item 4.

Hope this helps
- Gunnar

[1] https://github.com/genivi/genivi-dev-platform/tree/chromium/
[2] https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-platform/blob/chromium/meta-genivi-dev/meta-genivi-dev/recipes-extended/chromium/chromium-wayland_%25.bbappend
[3] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#building-an-image-for-emulation

--
Gunnar Andersson <gandersson@genivi.org>
Development Lead

@ 2017-06-19 14:21   ` Jacobo Aragunde Pérez
From: Jacobo Aragunde Pérez @ 2017-06-19 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Andersson, yocto, antonius.riko

On 18/06/17 20:10, Gunnar Andersson wrote:

> Riko Ho <antonius.riko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I tried to compile chromium but never succeeded, took me already 12
>> hours and stopped on 99%, I used bitbake for doing it,
>
> Not sure what would cause it to just stop and it could have been some
> temporary glitch?   Maybe you want to provide some logs of your build if
> Martin's reference does not help.

Just a heads-up, if it stopped at 99% it probably was in the linking
phase (you can check the logs under
tmp/work/$arch/chromium-wayland/$version/temp/log.do_compile to be
certain). This phase has a very high RAM demand, you could even need to
temporarily increase your swap space to go past that point.

Best,
--
Jacobo Aragunde
Software Engineer at Igalia

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-19 20:01     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-06-19 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacobo Aragunde Pérez; +Cc: Riko Ho, yocto, Gunnar Andersson

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:21 AM, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez
<jaragunde@igalia.com> wrote:
> On 18/06/17 20:10, Gunnar Andersson wrote:
>>
>> Riko Ho <antonius.riko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I tried to compile chromium but never succeeded, took me already 12
>>> hours and stopped on 99%, I used bitbake for doing it,
>>
>> Not sure what would cause it to just stop and it could have been some
>> temporary glitch?   Maybe you want to provide some logs of your build if
>> Martin's reference does not help.
>>

> Just a heads-up, if it stopped at 99% it probably was in the linking
> phase (you can check the logs under
> tmp/work/$arch/chromium-wayland/$version/temp/log.do_compile to be
> certain). This phase has a very high RAM demand, you could even need to
> temporarily increase your swap space to go past that point.

linker takes a whole lot of memory here, if you have < 8G of RAM
its likely to fail with out of memory errors. Can you check your dmesg
and see if there were such errors in there

@ 2017-06-20  3:32       ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-20  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

My memory is 8Gb and swap 8Gb, 8 cores i7, may be a homemade cluster can
help ?

I compiled firefox and it worked well, but still wondering why chromium
didn't work.

On 20/06/17 04:01, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:21 AM, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez
> <jaragunde@igalia.com> wrote:

>>> Not sure what would cause it to just stop and it could have been some
>>> temporary glitch?   Maybe you want to provide some logs of your build if
>>> Martin's reference does not help.
>>>
>> Just a heads-up, if it stopped at 99% it probably was in the linking
>> phase (you can check the logs under
>> tmp/work/$arch/chromium-wayland/$version/temp/log.do_compile to be
>> certain). This phase has a very high RAM demand, you could even need to
>> temporarily increase your swap space to go past that point.
>>
> linker takes a whole lot of memory here, if you have < 8G of RAM
> its likely to fail with out of memory errors. Can you check your dmesg
> and see if there were such errors in there
>
>> Best,
>> --
>> Jacobo Aragunde
>> Software Engineer at Igalia
>> --

*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-20  5:08         ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-06-20  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riko Ho; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Riko Ho <antonius.riko@gmail.com> wrote:
> My memory is 8Gb and swap 8Gb, 8 cores i7, may be a homemade cluster can
> help ?

add something like

EXTRA_OEGYP_prepend = " -Dcomponent=shared_library
-Dremove_webcore_debug_symbols=1 -Dfastbuild=1 "

and see if that helps.

@ 2017-06-21  1:53           ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-21  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

Ok, thanks a lot for the parameter idea, where will I put that ?
local.conf, bblayers.conf ?

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-21  2:28             ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-06-21  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riko Ho; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

add it to chromium recipe itself if you dont have a bbappend for it.

@ 2017-06-21  4:38               ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-21  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

drwxrwxr-x 5 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.0K Jun 14 14:31 .
drwxrwxr-x 3 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.0K Jun 12 15:50 ..
drwxrwxr-x 2 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.0K Jun 12 15:50 cef3
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bianchi77 bianchi77 2.7K Jun 12 15:50 cef3_280796.bb
drwxrwxr-x 4 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.0K Jun 12 15:50 chromium
*-rw-rw-r-- 1 bianchi77 bianchi77 1.2K Jun 12 15:50 chromium_54.0.2810.2.bb*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bianchi77 bianchi77  11K Jun 12 15:50 chromium-browser.inc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.6K Jun 12 15:50 chromium.inc
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bianchi77 bianchi77 2.2K Jun 12 15:50
chromium-wayland_53.0.2785.143.bb
drwxrwxr-x 8 bianchi77 bianchi77 4.0K Jun 12 15:50 files

is this one ? *chromium_54.0.2810.2.bb ?

Thanks
*

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-21  4:42               ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-21  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto, Gunnar Andersson

did I put it wrongly ?

=======

|#####################################################################################################################################|
Time: 0:00:01
Loaded 2794 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: ParseError at
/home/bianchi77/poky/meta-browser/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_54.0.2810.2.bb:7:
unparsed line: 'EXTRA_OEGYP_prepend = " -Dcomponent=shared_library

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-21  7:37                 ` Gunnar Andersson
                                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Gunnar Andersson @ 2017-06-21  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riko Ho, Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, 2017-06-21 at 12:42 +0800, Riko Ho wrote:
> did I put it wrongly ?
> browser/chromium/chromium_54.0.2810.2.bb:7: unparsed line:
> 'EXTRA_OEGYP_prepend = " -Dcomponent=shared_library

Maybe your line break did not use a backslash?  It was lost, or just
assumed, in Khem's example.

See recipe syntax in Yocto manual [1].  Look for the item "Line
continuation".

HTH
- Gunnar

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#un
derstanding-recipe-syntax

--
Gunnar Andersson <gandersson@genivi.org>
Development Lead
GENIVI Alliance

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-21  8:18                   ` Riko Ho
                                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-21  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Andersson, Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Like this ?

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-21  8:24                   ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-21  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Andersson, Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

It's compiling now, I cross my finger, thanks Guys,

"

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* 47401300.usb-phy supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
@ 2017-06-23  3:40                   ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-23  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Andersson, Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Hi Everyone,

Is my beagleboard usb regulator broken ?

Here's the message I got :

====

usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
47401300.usb-phy supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.0.auto: Failed to request rx1.
47401b00.usb-phy supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
                                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-06-24  4:52                   ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-24  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Andersson, Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

it can be compiled and image can be written to the board but chromium
got error :

/usr/bin/chromium/chrome: error while loading shared libraries:
libaccessibility.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

What do I miss here on compiling ? could it be a not complete library on
my configuration ? any clues ?

thanks

--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-18  7:52           ` Riko Ho
From: Riko Ho @ 2017-06-18  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jansa; +Cc: yocto

What version are you talking about ? how can I know that ?

Thanks

On 18/06/17 15:49, Martin Jansa wrote:
> You didn't say which versions you're using.
>
> If you're using latest oe-core with gcc7 then you will need v3 version
> of this change:
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2017-June/113247.html
> I'll send it later today.
>
> > And how can I clean after building it ? It took about 70Gb of my drive
>
> Like any other recipe:
> bitbake -c clean foo
>
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Riko Ho <antonius.riko@gmail.com
> <mailto:antonius.riko@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>
>     I tried to compile chromium but never succeeded, took me already
>     12 hours and stopped on 99%,
>     I used bitbake for doing it,
>
>     Is chromium not compatible with arm CPU ? it was working with
>     X86_64 before.
>     And how can I clean after building it ? It took about 70Gb of my drive
>
>     Thanks
>     --

*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,
谢谢,
Regards,
Riko Ho
/*******/

*

* Re: Compiling meta-browser ==>chromium ? cleaning ?
@ 2017-06-18  7:49         ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2017-06-18  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riko Ho; +Cc: yocto

@ 2017-06-17 23:41       ` Riko Ho