* [Buildroot] at91sam9260 alsa problem
@ 2010-11-01  9:40 Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2010-11-01  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all

I have compiled the linux kernel (2.6.29) with EABI option disable so the
expected compiled option is:

-mpcu=apcs-gnu

I have the same compiled option in buildroot and now the amixer and alsamixer
works but aplay and arecord

set_params:  Channels count non available

Compile the kernel using eabi and oabi compatible give different error.

This is the relevant part of buildroot config

BR2_ARM_TYPE="GENERIC_ARM"
# BR2_ARM_EABI is not set
BR2_ARM_OABI=y
BR2_ARCH="arm"
BR2_ENDIAN="LITTLE"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI="apcs-gnu"

#
# Target options
#

#
# Preset Devices
#
# BR2_TARGET_ARMLTD is not set
BR2_BOARD_NAME="at91sam9260dfc"
BR2_BOARD_PATH="target/device/Atmel/$(BR2_BOARD_NAME)"

and this is the relevant part of the kernel

# CONFIG_AEABI is not set

With other combination I can use playback and record facilites but the mixer
doesn't
work for the size of the parameteres during kernel syscall

Best regards
Michael Trimarchi

* [Buildroot] at91sam9260 alsa problem
@ 2010-11-01 10:43 ` Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2010-11-01 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all

maybe this one is the right configuration of the machine in buildroot

BR2_ARM_OABI=y
BR2_ARCH="arm"
BR2_ENDIAN="LITTLE"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_TUNE="arm9tdmi"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH="armv4t"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI="apcs-gnu"

I have seen a lot of mailing list and different people report some strange
problem with alsa. I'm using
a 2.6.29.3 kernel revision

Michael

@ 2010-11-01 10:55   ` Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2010-11-01 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi

> maybe this one is the right configuration of the machine  in  buildroot
>
> BR2_ARM_OABI=y
> BR2_ARCH="arm"
> BR2_ENDIAN="LITTLE"
> BR2_GCC_TARGET_TUNE="arm9tdmi"
> BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH="armv4t"

sorry this is the arm5te

Michael

@ 2010-11-01 19:43     ` Michael Trimarchi
From: Michael Trimarchi @ 2010-11-01 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all

I have fixed and tested the gstreamer and alsa on my platform and now all works
perfectly

Thanks

Michael Trimarchi

* [Buildroot] at91sam9260 alsa problem
@ 2010-11-02 14:23       ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2010-11-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Michael> Hi all

 Michael> I have fixed and tested the gstreamer and alsa on my platform
 Michael> and now all works perfectly

Great, what was the problem and care to send a patch so I can integrate
it?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] at91sam9260 alsa problem