* [Bug report] 'git status' always says "Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'"
@ 2014-01-04 17:25 Thomas Ackermann
From: Thomas Ackermann @ 2014-01-04 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git; +Cc: gitster, worldhello.net

Since f223459 "status: always show tracking branch even no change"
'git status' (and 'git checkout master' always says
"Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'"
even if 'origin/master' is way ahead from local 'master'.

---
Thomas

* Re: [Bug report] 'git status' always says "Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'"
@ 2014-01-06  5:31 ` Jiang Xin
From: Jiang Xin @ 2014-01-06  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Ackermann; +Cc: Git List, Junio C Hamano

2014/1/5 Thomas Ackermann <th.acker@arcor.de>:
> Since f223459 "status: always show tracking branch even no change"
> 'git status' (and 'git checkout master' always says
> "Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'"
> even if 'origin/master' is way ahead from local 'master'.

Hi, Thomas

Can you provide your operations so that I can reproduce this issue?

In the commit you mentioned above, there was a new test case named
'checkout (up-to-date with upstream)' added in 't6040'. I also add two
test-cases locally in order to reproduce the issue you report, and run
them in arbitrary orders, but they all look fine:

    ok 4 - checkout (behind upstream)
    ok 5 - checkout (ahead upstream)
    ok 6 - checkout (diverged from upstream)
    ok 7 - checkout with local tracked branch
    ok 8 - checkout (upstream is gone)
    ok 9 - checkout (up-to-date with upstream)
    ok 10 - checkout (upstream is gone)
    ok 11 - checkout with local tracked branch
    ok 12 - checkout (diverged from upstream)
    ok 13 - checkout (ahead upstream)
    ok 14 - checkout (behind upstream)
    ok 15 - checkout (diverged from upstream)
    ok 16 - checkout (upstream is gone)
    ok 17 - checkout (ahead upstream)
    ok 18 - checkout with local tracked branch
    ok 19 - checkout (behind upstream)

The two additional test cases I used locally are:

    checkout_test1() {
    test_expect_success 'checkout (behind upstream)' '
            (
                    cd test && git checkout b3
            ) >actual &&
            test_i18ngrep "is behind .* by 1 commit, and can be
fast-forwarded" actual
    '
    }

    checkout_test_2() {
    test_expect_success 'checkout (ahead upstream)' '
            (
                    cd test && git checkout b4
            ) >actual &&
            test_i18ngrep "is ahead of .* by 2 commits" actual
    '
    }

--
Jiang Xin