* mSHEC pull request (2nd challenge)
@ 2015-01-29 14:24 Miyamae, Takeshi
From: Miyamae, Takeshi @ 2015-01-29 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary
  Cc: Ceph Development, Shiozawa, Kensuke, Nakao, Takanori, Kawaguchi,
	Shotaro, Kaga, Yoshihiro,
	Paul Von-Stamwitz (PVonStamwitz@us.fujitsu.com)

Hi Loic,

When I reset our commits on our fork repository, the 1st pull request was automatically closed.
So, I have issued another pull request of mSHEC.

mSHEC : multiple Shingled Erasure Code #3534
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/3534

As a result, I believe I have squashed our commits into one.
I'm grad if you could restart the review.

(You already noticed that and gave us labels, thank you!)

Best regards,
Takeshi Miyamae

* Re: mSHEC pull request (2nd challenge)
@ 2015-01-29 14:37 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-29 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miyamae, Takeshi
  Cc: Ceph Development, Shiozawa, Kensuke, Nakao, Takanori, Kawaguchi,
	Shotaro, Kaga, Yoshihiro,
	Paul Von-Stamwitz (PVonStamwitz@us.fujitsu.com)

It looks good and ready for integration testing :-) I just created http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10686 to track this feature. Since we are late in development cycle and unless someone has a different opinion, I will mark the SHEC plugin as experimental so people know it's new. I will however do that after it is merged in master.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* RE: mSHEC pull request (2nd challenge)
@ 2015-01-30 10:28   ` Miyamae, Takeshi
From: Miyamae, Takeshi @ 2015-01-30 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary
  Cc: Ceph Development, Shiozawa, Kensuke, Nakao, Takanori, Kawaguchi,
	Shotaro, Kaga, Yoshihiro,
	Paul Von-Stamwitz (PVonStamwitz@us.fujitsu.com)

Hi Loic,

Thank you for your cooperation !
If we could do something to reduce your burdens, please let us know.

Best regards,
Takeshi Miyamae

--

@ 2015-01-30 11:28     ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-01-30 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miyamae, Takeshi
  Cc: Ceph Development, Shiozawa, Kensuke, Nakao, Takanori, Kawaguchi,

On 30/01/2015 11:28, Miyamae, Takeshi wrote:
> Hi Loic,
>
> Thank you for your cooperation !
> If we could do something to reduce your burdens, please let us know.

Hopefully tests come out clean, let see :-)

There was originally two files for tests and the one with 364 or something at the end was removed if I'm not mistaken. Is there a reason for that ?

Cheers

--

@ 2015-01-30 13:04       ` Miyamae, Takeshi
From: Miyamae, Takeshi @ 2015-01-30 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary
  Cc: Ceph Development, Shiozawa, Kensuke, Nakao, Takanori, Kawaguchi,
	Shotaro, Kaga, Yoshihiro,
	Paul Von-Stamwitz (PVonStamwitz@us.fujitsu.com)

Hi Loic,

> There was originally two files for tests and the one with 364 or something at the end was removed
> if I'm not mistaken. Is there a reason for that ?

We had renamed the file from TestErasureCodeShec364.cc to TestErasureCodeShec_all.cc
because the number of tests included in this file is not always just 364. It's a simple reason. (^^)

Best regards,
Takeshi Miyamae

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre