* edid support for a Mac OS 10.8 guest
@ 2021-08-24 21:46 Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2021-08-24 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Hoffmann, QEMU devel list

Hi, I recently tried using the edid feature in QEMU for my Mac OS 10.8 guest like this: -device VGA,edid=on,xres=1280,yres=800. When the guest operating system loaded there were no additional options available in the Display settings. Would you know what is wrong?

Thank you.

* edid support for a Mac OS 10.8 guest
@ 2021-08-25  3:24 Zhang Chen
From: Zhang Chen @ 2021-08-25  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: programmingkidx; +Cc: qemu-devel

> Hi, I recently tried using the edid feature in QEMU for my Mac OS 10.8 guest
> like this: -device VGA,edid=on,xres=1280,yres=800. When the guest operating
> system loaded there were no additional options available in the Display
> settings. Would you know what is wrong?
>
> Thank you.
You need increase VGA memory size with `vgamem_mb=64`.

Best regards,

* Re: edid support for a Mac OS 10.8 guest
@ 2021-08-25  5:24 Chen Zhang
From: Chen Zhang @ 2021-08-25  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kraxel; +Cc: QEMU Developers

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 05:46:43PM -0400, Programmingkid wrote:
> > Hi, I recently tried using the edid feature in QEMU for my Mac OS 10.8 guest
> > like this: -device VGA,edid=on,xres=1280,yres=800. When the guest operating
> > system loaded there were no additional options available in the Display
> > settings. Would you know what is wrong?
>
> Probably macos just doesn't read the edid block ...
>
> take care,
>   Gerd
Hi,
Probably it was due to the low default vbe size.
Adding a `vgamem_mb=64` to the option list would be suffice.

Best regards