* Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
@ 2018-01-31 20:05 Abhishek
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Abhishek @ 2018-01-31 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel
  Cc: Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh, John Spray

Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
(anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing
qe runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can
prioritize this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

Thanks
Abhishek

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
@ 2018-02-01 14:51 ` Sage Weil
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-02-01 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: ceph-devel, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018, Abhishek wrote:
> Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
> (anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing qe
> runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can prioritize
> this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

This is a trivialish change that needs a backport:
	http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22285

Thanks!
sage

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
@ 2018-02-01 15:22 ` John Spray
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: John Spray @ 2018-02-01 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Abhishek <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
> (anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing qe
> runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can prioritize
> this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

I have one late-breaking regression from another PR that I'll make
sure is in today or tomorrow (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22851)

John

> Thanks
> Abhishek

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
@ 2018-02-01 23:06 ` Sage Weil
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-02-01 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: ceph-devel, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,
	Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh, John Spray

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018, Abhishek wrote:
> Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
> (anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing qe
> runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can prioritize
> this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20244

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-02-02  4:04 ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2018-02-02  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: Ceph Development, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub,
	Yehuda, Dillaman, Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh,
	John Spray

we should  take the rebased (removing 2nd commit) form of:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18872

I'll ensure this lands tomorrow

matt

--

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.

http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage

tel.  734-821-5101
fax.  734-769-8938
cel.  734-216-5309

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-02-02  8:21 ` Piotr Dałek
From: Piotr Dałek @ 2018-02-02  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek, ceph-devel
  Cc: Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda, Dillaman,

On 18-01-31 09:05 PM, Abhishek wrote:
> Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
> (anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing qe
> runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can prioritize
> this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

There was some confusion related to https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20098.
My understanding is that the pull request
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19965 and discussion
(https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg39747.html) somehow went under
radar for some, raising some valid concerns in the process.
The 20098 was undergoing testing and it's not anymore, so my question is -
what's the status of that PR? Was there some actual issue with it, or it was
withdrawn from testing because of reasons mentioned above?
It would be great to have it in Luminous because issue with snap trimmer not
keeping up is real and can be deadly when not noticed early.

--
Piotr Dałek
piotr.dalek@corp.ovh.com

* Re: Critical PRs needed for 12.2.3 Luminous
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-02-05 10:22 ` Orit Wasserman
From: Orit Wasserman @ 2018-02-05 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek
  Cc: ceph-devel, Sage Weil, Matt Benjamin, Sadeh-Weinraub, Yehuda,
	Dillaman, Jason, Patrick Donnelly, Durgin, Josh, John Spray

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:05 PM, Abhishek <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:
> Are there any critical PRs we need for 12.2.3 that isn't already merged
> (anything with a luminous-batch-1/wip-yuri* labels are already ongoing qe
> runs), if so can you please reply in this thread so that we can prioritize
> this for QE and hopefully go for final approvals next week.

I hope it is not to late for the resharding fix:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20038

Thanks,
Orit

@ 2018-02-05 18:31   ` Abhishek Lekshmanan