* running openbsd on KVM running on fedora over raspberry pi 4
@ 2022-12-23 11:33 Sandeep Gupta
From: Sandeep Gupta @ 2022-12-23 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvmarm

I am trying to run openbsd as guest OS.
I am using this command to create the vm
```

virt-install --name openbsd1 --ram 2048 --vcpus 2 --disk
path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/openbsd1.qcow2,format=qcow2,bus=virtio,size=20
 --disk path=/tmp/install72.img --import --os-variant openbsd7.0
--network=default --noautoconsole

```
But, on boot the server is not picking up the openbsd boot sequence.

I have posted the question here as well (
https://serverfault.com/questions/1118710/install-openbsd-as-guest-os-in-kvm-virtualization-on-fedora-running-raspberry-pi
).
Any pointers would be of great help,
Thanks
Sandeep

* Re: running openbsd on KVM running on fedora over raspberry pi 4
@ 2022-12-26 10:36 ` Marc Zyngier
From: Marc Zyngier @ 2022-12-26 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandeep Gupta; +Cc: kvmarm

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:33:35 +0000,
Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sandeep@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run openbsd as guest OS.
> I am using this command to create the vm
> ```
>
> virt-install --name openbsd1 --ram 2048 --vcpus 2 --disk
> path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/openbsd1.qcow2,format=qcow2,bus=virtio,size=20
>  --disk path=/tmp/install72.img --import --os-variant openbsd7.0
> --network=default --noautoconsole
>
> ```
> But, on boot the server is not picking up the openbsd boot sequence.

I don't think this is directly related to KVM. I've been pretty
successful in running OpenBSD 7.0 on a variety of hosts. Not using
libvirt though, but directly using QEMU.

One thing you may want to do is to disable ACPI by pasing -no-acpi to
QEMU.

But overall, this is a question better asked on some libvirt forum.

	M.

* Re: running openbsd on KVM running on fedora over raspberry pi 4
@ 2022-12-26 18:20   ` Sandeep Gupta
From: Sandeep Gupta @ 2022-12-26 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Zyngier; +Cc: kvmarm