* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-01-05 20:43 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-01-05 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you know that from here, patchwork.ozlabs.org
seems to be down at this time (or awfully slow).

Also, since a few weeks, we have seen that patchwork misses some
patches that are sent on the Buildroot mailing list. The mails are sent
on the mailing list, they are in the mailing list archives, but
patchwork does not record them.

An example is:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2017-December/209885.html

PATCH 3/3 was not recorded by patchwork, while other patches in the
series have been.

This again happened today. The first send of:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210797.html

only had a few of its patches recorded by patchwork. It was resent a
few minutes later:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210858.html

and then all the patches got recorded.

This is quite annoying. Is there a way to look in the patchwork logs
what has happened with those patches ?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-01-07 23:33 ` Andrew Donnellan
From: Andrew Donnellan @ 2018-01-07 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 06/01/18 07:43, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just a quick note to let you know that from here, patchwork.ozlabs.org
> seems to be down at this time (or awfully slow).

bilbo (i.e. ozlabs.org) required a reboot a couple of days ago for a
kernel upgrade iirc.

ajd at bilbo:~$ uptime
  10:27:36 up 2 days,  1:10,  5 users,  load average: 1.38, 1.96, 1.64

> Also, since a few weeks, we have seen that patchwork misses some
> patches that are sent on the Buildroot mailing list. The mails are sent
> on the mailing list, they are in the mailing list archives, but
> patchwork does not record them.
>
> An example is:
>
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2017-December/209885.html
>
> PATCH 3/3 was not recorded by patchwork, while other patches in the
> series have been.

Hmm, looking at the patch list, I also see that patch 2/3 in that series
(https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852063/) wasn't correctly identified
in the same series as patch 1
(https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852062/) which is a bit weird.

> This again happened today. The first send of:
>
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210797.html
>
> only had a few of its patches recorded by patchwork. It was resent a
> few minutes later:
>
>    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210858.html
>
> and then all the patches got recorded.
>
> This is quite annoying. Is there a way to look in the patchwork logs
> what has happened with those patches ?

I don't have access to the patchwork logs myself - jk, any thoughts?

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-01-08  8:10   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-01-08  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:33:21 +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:

> > Also, since a few weeks, we have seen that patchwork misses some
> > patches that are sent on the Buildroot mailing list. The mails are sent
> > on the mailing list, they are in the mailing list archives, but
> > patchwork does not record them.
> >
> > An example is:
> >
> >    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2017-December/209885.html
> >
> > PATCH 3/3 was not recorded by patchwork, while other patches in the
> > series have been.
>
> Hmm, looking at the patch list, I also see that patch 2/3 in that series
> (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852063/) wasn't correctly identified
> in the same series as patch 1
> (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852062/) which is a bit weird.

Note: this issue happened again yesterday. In this series of 4 patches:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210935.html

Only patches 2/4 and 4/4 have been recorded by patchwork:

  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/856422/
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/856423/

Even though all 4 patches have been received through the mailing list.

Best regards,

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-05 21:45     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-05 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 09:10:44 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> > Hmm, looking at the patch list, I also see that patch 2/3 in that series
> > (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852063/) wasn't correctly identified
> > in the same series as patch 1
> > (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/852062/) which is a bit weird.
>
> Note: this issue happened again yesterday. In this series of 4 patches:
>
>   http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-January/210935.html
>
> Only patches 2/4 and 4/4 have been recorded by patchwork:
>
>   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/856422/
>   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/856423/

This is still happening, and pretty badly. Sometimes almost entire
series are skipped. Most recent example is this series:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-February/213111.html

It has 15 patches and a cover letter, and all what patchwork recorded
is:

  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/869198/
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/869197/

Only two patches out of 15 + a cover letter. Not great.

Is there anything that can be done about this ? An example of
Message-Id that was not recorded is:

Thanks a lot,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-02-06  8:41       ` Andrew Donnellan
From: Andrew Donnellan @ 2018-02-06  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 06/02/18 08:45, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Is there anything that can be done about this ? An example of
> Message-Id that was not recorded is:

I've scraped the buildroot archives to see if there's anything obviously
wrong with that particular message ID - it appears to parse fine.

jk, any idea whether there's something particular about the ozlabs.org
instance that could be causing it to drop these patches?

--

@ 2018-02-06  9:03         ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2018-02-06  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Andrew,

> jk, any idea whether there's something particular about the ozlabs.org
> instance that could be causing it to drop these patches?

We're running plain upstream with regards to the parsing code; so if it
parses we should be fine there.

Assume the parsing is OK, there are a couple of reasons for potential
drops:

  - the database server was down at the time of parse. This is quite
    infrequent, but can happen during database upgrades. The last one of
    those was at 2018-01-27 05:08:30 UTC, so doesn't look like the case
    here

  - after the update to 2.x, database load has significantly increased;
    there have been occasions where db connections are rejected due to
    this. The recent patchwork update should address some issues there,
    but I'm not sure whether we're back to optimal db behaviour now...

Cheers,

Jeremy

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-02-06  9:55           ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-06  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:03:50 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

> We're running plain upstream with regards to the parsing code; so if it
> parses we should be fine there.
>
> Assume the parsing is OK, there are a couple of reasons for potential
> drops:
>
>   - the database server was down at the time of parse. This is quite
>     infrequent, but can happen during database upgrades. The last one of
>     those was at 2018-01-27 05:08:30 UTC, so doesn't look like the case
>     here
>
>   - after the update to 2.x, database load has significantly increased;
>     there have been occasions where db connections are rejected due to
>     this. The recent patchwork update should address some issues there,
>     but I'm not sure whether we're back to optimal db behaviour now...

Could it be that the e-mail hasn't been received? Could you check on
the server the logs, and see if the mail has been received at all?
Perhaps it was dropped due to spam detection or something like that.

It would be useful to understand if those e-mails that made it to the
mailing list were received by the patchwork server. We are really
seeing lots of patches being not recorded by patchwork, which makes it
a lot less usable :-/

Thanks!

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-13 22:19         ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-13 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Andrew, Jeremy,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:41:09 +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 06/02/18 08:45, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > Is there anything that can be done about this ? An example of
> > Message-Id that was not recorded is:

> I've scraped the buildroot archives to see if there's anything obviously
> wrong with that particular message ID - it appears to parse fine.
>
> jk, any idea whether there's something particular about the ozlabs.org
> instance that could be causing it to drop these patches?

Any further comments ?

Today, patchwork missed the following e-mail:

  http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-February/213695.html

Patches 1/3 and 2/3 in this series have been recorded, but not Patch
3/3.

This is really getting annoying for the Buildroot project, and we may
potentially "miss" contributions because of this: we entirely rely on
patchwork as our TODO-list, so if a patch is missing in patchwork, we
will forget about it. When only a few patches within a series are
missing, we obviously notice. But for single patches, when they are not
recorded, we simply miss them entirely.

Can we do something about this ? We're really happy otherwise by the
patchwork instance at ozlabs.org, and we would hate having to run our
own instance :-/

Thanks a lot!

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-14  3:56           ` Andrew Donnellan
From: Andrew Donnellan @ 2018-02-14  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 14/02/18 09:19, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Patches 1/3 and 2/3 in this series have been recorded, but not Patch
> 3/3.
>
> This is really getting annoying for the Buildroot project, and we may
> potentially "miss" contributions because of this: we entirely rely on
> patchwork as our TODO-list, so if a patch is missing in patchwork, we
> will forget about it. When only a few patches within a series are
> missing, we obviously notice. But for single patches, when they are not
> recorded, we simply miss them entirely.
>
> Can we do something about this ? We're really happy otherwise by the
> patchwork instance at ozlabs.org, and we would hate having to run our
> own instance :-/

We've done some digging...

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/872845/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/872846/

These are the other two patches in the series, and yet patchwork has
assigned them two different series, so evidently something screwy is
happening there.

sfr took a look at the mail logs for us, it looks like:

- all 3 emails were received and processed by our SMTP system
- patch 2 was received first, and patches 1 and 3 were received during
the same second a couple of seconds later

Patch 3 has not hit the database at all, it's possible we've hit some
race condition somewhere that prevented it from being saved at the same
time as patch 1, or perhaps we ran into something completely
different... we're going to add some extra logging to see if we can
capture more info next time this happens.

Many apologies for the inconvenience!

Andrew

--

@ 2018-02-14  8:01             ` Thomas Petazzoni
       [not found]               ` <87lgftau6p.fsf@linkitivity.dja.id.au>
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-14  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:56:56 +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:

> > Can we do something about this ? We're really happy otherwise by the
> > patchwork instance at ozlabs.org, and we would hate having to run our
> > own instance :-/
>
> We've done some digging...
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/872845/
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/872846/
>
> These are the other two patches in the series, and yet patchwork has
> assigned them two different series, so evidently something screwy is
> happening there.
>
> sfr took a look at the mail logs for us, it looks like:
>
> - all 3 emails were received and processed by our SMTP system
> - patch 2 was received first, and patches 1 and 3 were received during
> the same second a couple of seconds later
>
> Patch 3 has not hit the database at all, it's possible we've hit some
> race condition somewhere that prevented it from being saved at the same
> time as patch 1, or perhaps we ran into something completely
> different... we're going to add some extra logging to see if we can
> capture more info next time this happens.
>
> Many apologies for the inconvenience!

As asked by Jeremy, I've changed the patchwork e-mail address to which
the Buildroot patches are being sent, so that you can add more logging,
but only for Buildroot stuff.

Regarding the patches not properly assigned to series, we have already
seen that many times, even in situations were no patches are lost. Some
patches in the series are properly marked as being part of the series,
and some are not. It feels like if some patches are received before the
cover letter, patchwork gets confused, but that's just a guess. It
doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. However, this is a lot
less annoying that "losing" patches.

Thanks!

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-16 14:49                 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-16 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Daniel,

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 01:24:46 +1100, Daniel Axtens wrote:

> Andrew mentioned to me that we might have a race condition, and so I had
> a quick poke at loading patches in parallel. Sure enough I was able to
> easily hit an issue at least on the MySQL backend. (OzLabs uses postgres
> but it's still a good data-point as it shows we're not handling this
> sort of thing in code.)
>
> This is quite possibly related to your issue - I will do some more
> investigation and let you know how we go.

Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.

I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.

Best regards,

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-17  3:29                   ` Andrew Donnellan
From: Andrew Donnellan @ 2018-02-17  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 17/02/18 01:49, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.
>
> I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
> regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
> were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
> recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.

We have, anecdotally, noticed some regressions in database performance
in patchwork 2.0 which might increase the likelihood of hitting race
conditions. Hmm.

--

@ 2018-03-10 11:58                   ` Peter Korsgaard
       [not found]                     ` <20180312015055.3dc9789c@canb.auug.org.au>
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-03-10 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Daniel,

 >> Andrew mentioned to me that we might have a race condition, and so I had
 >> a quick poke at loading patches in parallel. Sure enough I was able to
 >> easily hit an issue at least on the MySQL backend. (OzLabs uses postgres
 >> but it's still a good data-point as it shows we're not handling this
 >> sort of thing in code.)
 >>
 >> This is quite possibly related to your issue - I will do some more
 >> investigation and let you know how we go.

 > Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.

 > I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
 > regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
 > were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
 > recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.

Any news on this? We still see missing mails, and I even received a
temporary bounce from the patchwork addres this morning:

This is the mail system at host ozlabs.org.

                   The mail system

<patchwork-incoming-buildroot@bilbo.ozlabs.org> (expanded from
    <incoming-buildroot@patchwork.ozlabs.org>): temporary failure

Reporting-MTA: dns; ozlabs.org
Arrival-Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2018 10:53:10 +1100 (AEDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; patchwork-incoming-buildroot at bilbo.ozlabs.org
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; temporary failure

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

@ 2018-03-12  4:57                       ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2018-03-12  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Daniel,

> We have quite a few of these sitting in our queue :-(

After a bit of time with some extra debug enabled for the buildroot mail
feed, I see this for the failed parsemail invocations where we've
returned a temp-fail:

  No handlers could be found for logger "patchwork.management.commands.parsemail"

If you recall, we had to alter the logging configuration for the ozlabs
instance:

  --- a/patchwork/settings/production.py
  +++ b/patchwork/settings/production.py
  @@ -70,7 +70,7 @@
   STATIC_URL = '/static/'

  -LOGGING = {
  +_LOGGING = {
       'version': 1,
       'disable_existing_loggers': False,
       'formatters': {

[this was your suggested fix an issue with parsemail failing with the
shipped LOGGING configuration, but I don't have the specifics of that..]

So, it appears that this workaround needs to be reworked?

Regards,

Jeremy

@ 2018-03-12 19:53                     ` daggs
>  >> Andrew mentioned to me that we might have a race condition, and so I had
>  >> a quick poke at loading patches in parallel. Sure enough I was able to
>  >> easily hit an issue at least on the MySQL backend. (OzLabs uses postgres
>  >> but it's still a good data-point as it shows we're not handling this
>  >> sort of thing in code.)
>  >>
>  >> This is quite possibly related to your issue - I will do some more
>  >> investigation and let you know how we go.
>
>  > Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.
>
>  > I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
>  > regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
>  > were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
>  > recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.
>
> Any news on this? We still see missing mails, and I even received a
> temporary bounce from the patchwork addres this morning:
>

> This is the mail system at host ozlabs.org.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>
>                    The mail system
>
> <patchwork-incoming-buildroot@bilbo.ozlabs.org> (expanded from
>     <incoming-buildroot@patchwork.ozlabs.org>): temporary failure
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; ozlabs.org
> Arrival-Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2018 10:53:10 +1100 (AEDT)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; patchwork-incoming-buildroot at bilbo.ozlabs.org
> Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; temporary failure

happened to me too (not rejection), I've sent 4 patches in hope that they will be reviewed on the hackathon but I don't see them in patchwork.
do I need to resend the patches?

Dagg.

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-03-12 21:23                       ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-03-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 > happened to me too (not rejection), I've sent 4 patches in hope that
 > they will be reviewed on the hackathon but I don't see them in
 > patchwork.

I guess you are referring to these patches?

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-March/215615.html

If so, they made it to the list atleast. We'll get to them sooner or
later.

> do I need to resend the patches?

Until we have a fix for patchwork I would prefer not, changes are that
one or more patches will be missed anyway.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-03-20 12:19                         ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2018-03-20 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all,

Good news: with the logging we had in place recently (and a fix to
correct error reporting), it looks like we've found the problem with
parsing emails from a series. This issue was recently addressed by
Daniel, so I've updated patchwork.ozlabs.org to run the current
stable/2.0 branch, which has fixes for these. Hopefully this resolves
the issue with dropped patches.

The update should also make the mail parser a little more robust against
transient failures too.

Let me know how things go over the next few days.

Thomas and Dave: please keep using the custom addresses you've
configured for the incoming mail feed; this will allow me to keep an eye
on things on my side too. Assuming everything goes fine, we can revert
to the usual address next week.

Cheers,

Jeremy

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-03-20 15:08                           ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-03-20 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Jeremy,

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 20:19:01 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

> Good news: with the logging we had in place recently (and a fix to
> correct error reporting), it looks like we've found the problem with
> parsing emails from a series. This issue was recently addressed by
> Daniel, so I've updated patchwork.ozlabs.org to run the current
> stable/2.0 branch, which has fixes for these. Hopefully this resolves
> the issue with dropped patches.
>
> The update should also make the mail parser a little more robust against
> transient failures too.
>
> Let me know how things go over the next few days.
>
> Thomas and Dave: please keep using the custom addresses you've
> configured for the incoming mail feed; this will allow me to keep an eye
> on things on my side too. Assuming everything goes fine, we can revert
> to the usual address next week.

Thanks a lot for this debugging effort! We'll monitor how patchwork
behaves in the next days and give you some feedback (good or bad).

Thanks again!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-03-31 16:27                             ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2018-03-31 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello guys!

On 2018-03-20 16:08 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 20:19:01 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> > Good news: with the logging we had in place recently (and a fix to
> > correct error reporting), it looks like we've found the problem with
> > parsing emails from a series. This issue was recently addressed by
> > Daniel, so I've updated patchwork.ozlabs.org to run the current
> > stable/2.0 branch, which has fixes for these. Hopefully this resolves
> > the issue with dropped patches.
> >
> > The update should also make the mail parser a little more robust against
> > transient failures too.
> >
> > Let me know how things go over the next few days.
>
> Thanks a lot for this debugging effort! We'll monitor how patchwork
> behaves in the next days and give you some feedback (good or bad).

Thanks indeed! :-)

We've got a little follow up issue now: some patches are not attributed
to the series they belong too, for example:
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/893732/

should belong to:
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=36782

Similarly:
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/893678/

should belong to:
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=36757

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-03-31 16:29                               ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2018-03-31 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello again,

On 2018-03-31 18:27 +0200, Yann E. MORIN spake thusly:
[--SNIP--]
> Similarly:
>     https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/893678/
>
> should belong to:
>     https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=36757

Sorry, forget that one, it was a resent of that single patch.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

* [Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded
@ 2018-07-08  9:34                           ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2018-07-08  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Jeremy, All,

On 2018-03-20 20:19 +0800, Jeremy Kerr spake thusly:
[--SNIP--]
> Let me know how things go over the next few days.

So it's been more than a few days, but I recently caught another issue
about series for the buildroot mailing list.

The following three patches should be grouped together, but only 1 and 3
are:

    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=54291
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940910/  [1/3]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940911/  [2/3]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940912/  [3/3]

And of those 5 patches, patch 2 is also missing:

    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=54286
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940895/  [1/5]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940894/  [2/5]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940897/  [3/5]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940896/  [4/5]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940898/  [5/5]

And another 3-patch series, with patch 3 failign to get grouped:

    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=54129
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940542/  [1/3]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940540/  [2/3]
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/940539/  [3/3]