* [Qemu-devel] How to add a new target architecture
@ 2019-01-06 13:11 Yoshinori Sato
From: Yoshinori Sato @ 2019-01-06 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello.
I written Renesas RX port.
It is works to boot linux kernel of minimal configuration.

I'd like to merge this into the qmeu release and I need some
advice on how to proceed.
I tried reading wiki.qemu.org, but I could not find useful
information about adding subsystems.

git repository is bellow.
git://git.pf.osdn.net/gitroot/y/ys/ysato/qemu.git

This requires some fixes and cleanups.

Thanks.

--
Yosinori Sato

* Re: [Qemu-devel] How to add a new target architecture
@ 2019-01-06 21:48 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2019-01-06 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yoshinori Sato, qemu-devel

On 1/6/19 11:11 PM, Yoshinori Sato wrote:
> Hello.
> I written Renesas RX port.
> It is works to boot linux kernel of minimal configuration.
>
> I'd like to merge this into the qmeu release and I need some
> advice on how to proceed.
> I tried reading wiki.qemu.org, but I could not find useful
> information about adding subsystems.
>
> git repository is bellow.
> git://git.pf.osdn.net/gitroot/y/ys/ysato/qemu.git

You'll need to produce a patch set that applies to master.
The easiest way is probably to merge master, diff, and then
apply the diff to a new branch.  Try to split the diff into
a few logical parts, e.g. target/rx/, hw/rx/, and last to
enable the port in configure.

The patch set should follow the CODING_STYLE.  You can use
./scripts/check_patch.pl to help find coding style problems.

Your patch set should modify MAINTAINERS to group all of the
rx related files, and list whoever is going to maintain the
port going forward, e.g. yourself.

r~

* Re: [Qemu-devel] How to add a new target architecture
@ 2019-01-07 13:00   ` Yoshinori Sato
From: Yoshinori Sato @ 2019-01-07 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 06:48:33 +0900,
Richard Henderson wrote:

> On 1/6/19 11:11 PM, Yoshinori Sato wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I written Renesas RX port.
> > It is works to boot linux kernel of minimal configuration.
> >
> > I'd like to merge this into the qmeu release and I need some
> > advice on how to proceed.
> > I tried reading wiki.qemu.org, but I could not find useful
> > information about adding subsystems.
> >
> > git repository is bellow.
> > git://git.pf.osdn.net/gitroot/y/ys/ysato/qemu.git
>
> You'll need to produce a patch set that applies to master.
> The easiest way is probably to merge master, diff, and then
> apply the diff to a new branch.  Try to split the diff into
> a few logical parts, e.g. target/rx/, hw/rx/, and last to
> enable the port in configure.
>
> The patch set should follow the CODING_STYLE.  You can use
> ./scripts/check_patch.pl to help find coding style problems.
>
> Your patch set should modify MAINTAINERS to group all of the
> rx related files, and list whoever is going to maintain the
> port going forward, e.g. yourself.

Thanks comment.
I understood the composition of the patch.
I will clean up and post.

--
Yosinori Sato