* net/usb device additions for -stable
@ 2012-11-13 20:25 Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2012-11-13 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller
  Cc: netdev, Jay Purohit, Valdis Kletnieks, Jan Ceuleers, Olof Ermis,
	Tommy Cheng

I looked quickly through the list of added devices in the range
v3.6..net/master and tried to cherry-pick them into the current 3.0,
3.2, 3.4 and 3.6 stable trees.  There weren't really that many. The
result was:

# for stable-3.6:
af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
c6846ee net: qmi_wwan: adding more ZTE devices
bbc8d92 net: cdc_ncm: add Huawei devices

# for stable-3.4:
af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support

# for stable-3.2:
af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support

# for stable-3.0:
af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support

For completeness, these three patches were also applied after 3.6 but are
not in the list above for the given reasons:

42d94dc net: qmi_wwan: adding Huawei E367, ZTE MF683 and Pantech P4200
 - does not apply cleanly to any stable relase. I'll send a backport
   if/when I get around to it.

66dc81e asix: Adds support for Lenovo 10/100 USB dongle.
 - already applied to stable-3.6 and does not apply to anything earlier

f8295ec qmi_wwan/cdc_ether: move Novatel 551 and E362 to qmi_wwan
 - already applied to stable-3.6 and does not apply to anything earlier

Bjørn

* Re: net/usb device additions for -stable
@ 2012-12-14 23:12 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2012-12-14 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bjorn
  Cc: netdev, jspurohit, valdis.kletnieks, jan.ceuleers, olof.ermis, tommy7765

From: Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:25:58 +0100

> I looked quickly through the list of added devices in the range
> v3.6..net/master and tried to cherry-pick them into the current 3.0,
> 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6 stable trees.  There weren't really that many. The
> result was:
>
> # for stable-3.6:
> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
> c6846ee net: qmi_wwan: adding more ZTE devices
> bbc8d92 net: cdc_ncm: add Huawei devices
>
> # for stable-3.4:
> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>
> # for stable-3.2:
> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>
> # for stable-3.0:
> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support

The iPhone 5 change applied cleanly in all cases so I added that one.
The others did not.

Could you respin them for me and I'll queue them up for the next batch
I send out?

Thanks.

* Re: net/usb device additions for -stable
@ 2012-12-17  9:10   ` Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2012-12-17  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller
  Cc: netdev, jspurohit, valdis.kletnieks, jan.ceuleers, olof.ermis, tommy7765

David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> writes:
> From: Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no>
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:25:58 +0100
>
>> I looked quickly through the list of added devices in the range
>> v3.6..net/master and tried to cherry-pick them into the current 3.0,
>> 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6 stable trees.  There weren't really that many. The
>> result was:
>>
>> # for stable-3.6:
>> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>> c6846ee net: qmi_wwan: adding more ZTE devices
>> bbc8d92 net: cdc_ncm: add Huawei devices
>>
>> # for stable-3.4:
>> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>>
>> # for stable-3.2:
>> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>>
>> # for stable-3.0:
>> af1b85e usb/ipheth: Add iPhone 5 support
>
> The iPhone 5 change applied cleanly in all cases so I added that one.
> The others did not.

Sorry about that. They did in when I tested them, but the conditions
must have been different.

> Could you respin them for me and I'll queue them up for the next batch
> I send out?

I don't think there is much point anymore, as Greg has announced the
last 3.6 stable: https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/14/441

I'll come back with a set for 3.7 stable when there is something to add
instead.

Thanks,
Bjørn