* Where is wil6210.fw / wil6210.brd?
@ 2017-03-14 21:55 Daniel Drake
From: Daniel Drake @ 2017-03-14 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qca_merez, wil6210; +Cc: linux-wireless, Linux Upstreaming Team, Chris Chiu

Hi,

We are working with a new consumer laptop model that includes a
wil6210 wireless adapter.

It is not usable on current Linux distros because the firmware is not
present. It's not in linux-firmware and we can't even find any
download links when searching the web.

Could you please send a copy of the required firmware to linux-firmware?
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git

Thanks
Daniel

* Re: Where is wil6210.fw / wil6210.brd?
@ 2017-03-14 23:15 ` Sebastian Gottschall
From: Sebastian Gottschall @ 2017-03-14 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Drake, qca_merez, wil6210
  Cc: linux-wireless, Linux Upstreaming Team, Chris Chiu

Am 14.03.2017 um 22:55 schrieb Daniel Drake:
> Hi,
>
> We are working with a new consumer laptop model that includes a
> wil6210 wireless adapter.
>
> It is not usable on current Linux distros because the firmware is not
> present. It's not in linux-firmware and we can't even find any
> download links when searching the web.
>
> Could you please send a copy of the required firmware to linux-firmware?
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git
die firmware is only available from qca direct. but i could give you a
hint. download the gpl source of the netgear r9000 model. it includes
this firmware files
for anything else you need a sla/nda with qca

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall@dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565

* Re: Where is wil6210.fw / wil6210.brd?
@ 2017-03-21 11:59 ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2017-03-21 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Drake
  Cc: qca_merez, wil6210, linux-wireless, Linux Upstreaming Team, Chris Chiu

Daniel Drake <drake@endlessm.com> writes:

> We are working with a new consumer laptop model that includes a
> wil6210 wireless adapter.
>
> It is not usable on current Linux distros because the firmware is not
> present. It's not in linux-firmware and we can't even find any
> download links when searching the web.
>
> Could you please send a copy of the required firmware to linux-firmware?
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.g=
it

I asked internally about the status of the firmware release and we are
working on it. Naturally I can't give any promises when it will be
available, but hopefully soon.

--=20
Kalle Valo=

* Re: Where is wil6210.fw / wil6210.brd?
@ 2017-05-22  6:27   ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2017-05-22  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Drake
  Cc: qca_merez, wil6210, linux-wireless, Linux Upstreaming Team, Chris Chiu

Kalle Valo <kvalo@qca.qualcomm.com> writes:

> Daniel Drake <drake@endlessm.com> writes:
>
>> We are working with a new consumer laptop model that includes a
>> wil6210 wireless adapter.
>>
>> It is not usable on current Linux distros because the firmware is not
>> present. It's not in linux-firmware and we can't even find any
>> download links when searching the web.
>>
>> Could you please send a copy of the required firmware to linux-firmware?
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.=
git

> I asked internally about the status of the firmware release and we are
> working on it. Naturally I can't give any promises when it will be
> available, but hopefully soon.

Maya now submitted the firmware to linux-firmware:

http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1495370937-5369-1-git-send-email-qca_merez@qca.qua=
lcomm.com

--=20
Kalle Valo=