* Redfish or Irrelevance?
@ 2016-02-11  6:35 Stewart Smith
From: Stewart Smith @ 2016-02-11  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

So, it seems that the standard RESTful API to BMCs is RedFish. With HP,
Intel, Dell and others on board (with at least HP iLO shipping product).

There's already an OpenStack Ironic driver for Redfish and a bunch of
other tooling.

It feels that not going this route would paint us into a corner of
irrelevance and being the tricky platform to deal with.

See https://www.dmtf.org/standards/redfish

thoughts?
--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.

* Re: Redfish or Irrelevance?
@ 2016-02-11 13:10 ` Norman James
From: Norman James @ 2016-02-11 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stewart Smith; +Cc: openbmc

There is no question that OpenBMC should support Redfish in the near
future.    We were hoping someone outside might help implement Redfish as
OpenBMC got traction.

Regards,
Norman James
IBM - POWER Systems Architect
Phone: 1-512-286-6807 (T/L: 363-6807)
Internet: njames@us.ibm.com

From:	Stewart Smith <stewart@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	openbmc <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Date:	02/11/2016 01:14 AM
Subject:	Redfish or Irrelevance?
Sent by:	"openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+njames=us.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org>

So, it seems that the standard RESTful API to BMCs is RedFish. With HP,
Intel, Dell and others on board (with at least HP iLO shipping product).

There's already an OpenStack Ironic driver for Redfish and a bunch of
other tooling.

It feels that not going this route would paint us into a corner of
irrelevance and being the tricky platform to deal with.

See https://www.dmtf.org/standards/redfish

thoughts?
--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.

[-- Attachment #2: graycol.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 105 bytes --]

* Re: Redfish or Irrelevance?
@ 2016-02-11 13:36 ` Chris Austen
From: Chris Austen @ 2016-02-11 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stewart Smith; +Cc: openbmc