* [Qemu-devel] qemu 9p mapped-xattr model does not translate d_type in readdir
@ 2014-08-13 19:41 Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2014-08-13 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aneesh Kumar K.V; +Cc: Qemu Development List

There's another bugreport filed against debian qemu package,
http://bugs.debian.org/755738 .  It talks about security_model=mapped-xattr
case, where file type is stored elsewhere, and all files are turned into
regular files.  http://bugs.debian.org/755738#10 is the proposed patch.

Thanks,

/mjt

* Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu 9p mapped-xattr model does not translate d_type in readdir
@ 2014-08-20 10:52 ` Aneesh Kumar K.V
From: Aneesh Kumar K.V @ 2014-08-20 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tokarev; +Cc: Qemu Development List

Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> writes:

> There's another bugreport filed against debian qemu package,
> http://bugs.debian.org/755738 .  It talks about security_model=mapped-xattr
> case, where file type is stored elsewhere, and all files are turned into
> regular files.  http://bugs.debian.org/755738#10 is the proposed patch.

Ok the patch looks good, we could also try to get the d_type correct by
looking at the xattr mode bits, but i guess that will slow down readdir

Can you send a proper patch with signed-off-by to the list. I will pick
it from there.

-aneesh