* [Buildroot] DirectFB fetch problem (no tarball on the primary mirror)
@ 2009-01-21 14:57 Ihar Hrachyshka
From: Ihar Hrachyshka @ 2009-01-21 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello guys!
I have a problem building the image with DirectFB because it can't
fetch the source tarball from the mirror (no such file there). It
seems that DirectFB was updated by upstream from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 and
then upstream developers removed the source tarball for previous
version from their repo. I think we should update the DirectFB version
to 1.2.7 because it's basically a bug fix release.

* [Buildroot] DirectFB fetch problem (no tarball on the primary mirror)
@ 2009-01-21 15:04 ` Sven Neumann
From: Sven Neumann @ 2009-01-21 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:57 +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Hello guys!
> I have a problem building the image with DirectFB because it can't
> fetch the source tarball from the mirror (no such file there). It
> seems that DirectFB was updated by upstream from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 and
> then upstream developers removed the source tarball for previous
> version from their repo. I think we should update the DirectFB version
> to 1.2.7 because it's basically a bug fix release.

The 1.2.6 tarball can be found at
http://directfb.org/downloads/Old/DirectFB-1.2.6.tar.gz

But I agree that buildroot should update to version 1.2.7.

Sven

* [Buildroot] DirectFB fetch problem (no tarball on the primary mirror)
@ 2009-01-21 15:09 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-01-21 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Ihar> Hello guys!
 Ihar> I have a problem building the image with DirectFB because it can't
 Ihar> fetch the source tarball from the mirror (no such file there). It
 Ihar> seems that DirectFB was updated by upstream from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 and
 Ihar> then upstream developers removed the source tarball for previous
 Ihar> version from their repo. I think we should update the DirectFB version
 Ihar> to 1.2.7 because it's basically a bug fix release.

Thanks. Your build should still work with 1.2.6 as the tarball is on
the backup mirror, doesn't that work for you?

I'll bump the directfb version after the release.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] DirectFB fetch problem (no tarball on the primary mirror)
@ 2009-01-21 15:14   ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-01-21 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Sven> The 1.2.6 tarball can be found at
 Sven> http://directfb.org/downloads/Old/DirectFB-1.2.6.tar.gz

 Sven> But I agree that buildroot should update to version 1.2.7.

We can if someone is willing to test it - I don't have any readily
available test setup for it. Otherwise I'll stick to the safe solution
and use 1.2.6.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] DirectFB fetch problem (no tarball on the primary mirror)
@ 2009-01-21 15:55     ` Sven Neumann
From: Sven Neumann @ 2009-01-21 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:14 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Sven> But I agree that buildroot should update to version 1.2.7.
>
> We can if someone is willing to test it - I don't have any readily
> available test setup for it. Otherwise I'll stick to the safe solution
> and use 1.2.6.

I have run some tests here with DirectFB 1.2.7 cross-compiled for ARM.
Everything I tested (mostly stuff from DirectFB-examples) works fine.
Attached is a patch to the directfb.mk file that updates it to 1.2.7 and
converts it to Makefile.autotools.in.

Sven

From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-01-21 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 Sven> I have run some tests here with DirectFB 1.2.7 cross-compiled
 Sven> for ARM.  Everything I tested (mostly stuff from
 Sven> DirectFB-examples) works fine.  Attached is a patch to the
 Sven> directfb.mk file that updates it to 1.2.7 and converts it to
 Sven> Makefile.autotools.in.

Thanks. It didn't apply as it wasn't against latest svn (apparently
something pre-rc1). I fixed it up and cleaned up a few small things,
but please create patches against latest svn in the future.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard