* Git tedious verbosity
       [not found] <CAF8BazCScMN1sBspcCycOJBcepbkKfJUvh_hL9MSgNVvs4jKGQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-02-10 18:49 ` Aleksey Midenkov
From: Aleksey Midenkov @ 2020-02-10 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you please disable all these meaningless messages which become
more and more plentiful with each new version, like:

Updated 1 path from the index

And all these repeated tips with lots of text on git push/pull which
are only first-time useful but nag people for years.

--
All the best,

Aleksey Midenkov
@midenok

* Verbosity of git checkout (was Re: Git tedious verbosity)
@ 2020-02-13 14:03   ` Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2020-02-13 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Aleksey Midenkov <midenok@gmail.com> writes:

> Can you please disable all these meaningless messages which become
> more and more plentiful with each new version, like:
>
> Updated 1 path from the index

Actually, I want *this* message to be more verbose, but I don't think
that's implemented.  Could "git checkout" get a flag to print the
files being overwritten, instead of only a count?

Best,
--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah@vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/