* Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
@ 2023-01-24 15:03 Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2023-01-24 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel, qemu-devel, Markus Armbruster, Paul Moore, peter.maydell

Hi

Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
call in 2 weeks.

We have already topics:
- single qemu binary
  People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
  be there on next one to further discuss the topic.

- Huge Memory guests

  Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
  later during the week.

After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
KVM call where you can add topics.

 Call details:

By popular demand, a google calendar public entry with it

  https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NWR0NWppODdqNXFyYzAwbzYza3RxN2dob3VfMjAyMjEwMThUMTMwMDAwWiBlZ2VkN2NraTA1bG11MXRuZ3ZrbDN0aGlkc0Bn&tmsrc=eged7cki05lmu1tngvkl3thids%40group.calendar.google.com&scp=ALL

(Let me know if you have any problems with the calendar entry.  I just
gave up about getting right at the same time CEST, CET, EDT and DST).

If you need phone number details,  contact me privately

Thanks, Juan.

* Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
@ 2023-02-01 18:39 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2023-02-01 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel
  Cc: qemu-devel, Markus Armbruster, peter.maydell, Paolo Bonzini, Wei W. Wang

Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
> call in 2 weeks.
>
> We have already topics:
> - single qemu binary
>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
>
> - Huge Memory guests
>
>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
>   later during the week.

Hi folks

Just one addition for next call.

"Wang, Wei W" <wei.w.wang@intel.com> has asked to give a presentation
about a new feature:
    TDX Live Migration
He wanted 1h, but I told him that we already have two topics for next
call.  So we leave it in half an hour and will do the rest of the
presentation in a following call.

Later, Juan.

@ 2023-02-23 22:04 ` Sean Christopherson
From: Sean Christopherson @ 2023-02-23 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Quintela
  Cc: kvm-devel, qemu-devel, Markus Armbruster, Paul Moore, peter.maydell

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
> call in 2 weeks.
>
> We have already topics:
> - single qemu binary
>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
>
> - Huge Memory guests
>
>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
>   later during the week.
>
> After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
> KVM call where you can add topics.

Hi Juan!

I have a somewhat odd request: can I convince you to rename "KVM call" to something
like "QEMU+KVM call"?

I would like to kickstart a recurring public meeting/forum that (almost) exclusively
targets internal KVM development, but I don't to cause confusion and definitely don't
want to usurp your meeting.  The goal/purpose of the KVM-specific meeting would be to
do design reviews, syncs, etc. on KVM internals and things like KVM selftests, while,
IIUC, the current "KVM call" is aimed at at the entire KVM+QEMU+VFIO ecosystem.

Thanks!

* Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
@ 2023-02-24  6:28   ` Markus Armbruster
From: Markus Armbruster @ 2023-02-24  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Christopherson
  Cc: Juan Quintela, kvm-devel, qemu-devel, Paul Moore, peter.maydell

Sean Christopherson <seanjc@google.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
>> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
>> call in 2 weeks.
>>
>> We have already topics:
>> - single qemu binary
>>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
>>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
>>
>> - Huge Memory guests
>>
>>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
>>   later during the week.
>>
>> After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
>> KVM call where you can add topics.
>
> Hi Juan!
>
> I have a somewhat odd request: can I convince you to rename "KVM call" to something
> like "QEMU+KVM call"?
>
> I would like to kickstart a recurring public meeting/forum that (almost) exclusively
> targets internal KVM development, but I don't to cause confusion and definitely don't
> want to usurp your meeting.  The goal/purpose of the KVM-specific meeting would be to
> do design reviews, syncs, etc. on KVM internals and things like KVM selftests, while,
> IIUC, the current "KVM call" is aimed at at the entire KVM+QEMU+VFIO ecosystem.
>
> Thanks!

Sounds fair to me.

* Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
@ 2023-02-28 11:46   ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2023-02-28 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Christopherson
  Cc: kvm-devel, qemu-devel, Markus Armbruster, Paul Moore, peter.maydell

Sean Christopherson <seanjc@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
>> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
>> call in 2 weeks.
>>
>> We have already topics:
>> - single qemu binary
>>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
>>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
>>
>> - Huge Memory guests
>>
>>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
>>   later during the week.
>>
>> After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
>> KVM call where you can add topics.
>
> Hi Juan!
>
> I have a somewhat odd request: can I convince you to rename "KVM call" to something
> like "QEMU+KVM call"?
>
> I would like to kickstart a recurring public meeting/forum that (almost) exclusively
> targets internal KVM development, but I don't to cause confusion and definitely don't
> want to usurp your meeting.  The goal/purpose of the KVM-specific meeting would be to
> do design reviews, syncs, etc. on KVM internals and things like KVM selftests, while,
> IIUC, the current "KVM call" is aimed at at the entire KVM+QEMU+VFIO ecosystem.

I can do that.
I would have told you that you could use our slots, but right now we are
quite low on slots.

If nobody objects, I will change that for the next call.

Later, Juan.

* Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
@ 2023-03-07 16:22     ` Sean Christopherson
From: Sean Christopherson @ 2023-03-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Quintela
  Cc: kvm-devel, qemu-devel, Markus Armbruster, Paul Moore, peter.maydell

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
> Sean Christopherson <seanjc@google.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
> >> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
> >> call in 2 weeks.
> >>
> >> We have already topics:
> >> - single qemu binary
> >>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
> >>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
> >>
> >> - Huge Memory guests
> >>
> >>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
> >>   later during the week.
> >>
> >> After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
> >> KVM call where you can add topics.
> >
> > Hi Juan!
> >
> > I have a somewhat odd request: can I convince you to rename "KVM call" to something
> > like "QEMU+KVM call"?
> >
> > I would like to kickstart a recurring public meeting/forum that (almost) exclusively
> > targets internal KVM development, but I don't to cause confusion and definitely don't
> > want to usurp your meeting.  The goal/purpose of the KVM-specific meeting would be to
> > do design reviews, syncs, etc. on KVM internals and things like KVM selftests, while,
> > IIUC, the current "KVM call" is aimed at at the entire KVM+QEMU+VFIO ecosystem.
>
> I can do that.
> I would have told you that you could use our slots, but right now we are
> quite low on slots.
>
> If nobody objects, I will change that for the next call.

Thanks, much appreciated!