* Old Laptop Linux Driver
@ 2017-04-10 14:57 Stangle, Steven P.
From: Stangle, Steven P. @ 2017-04-10 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Hi all, I am looking for the best driver to use on an old computer running RHEL 7.2.  The computer is a Gateway m465-g which has an Intel 945gm Chipset with integrated graphics - intel graphics media accelerator (GMA) 950.

What driver am I looking for, and how would I install it. The computer does not connect to the internet. Any advice?

Thanks
Steven

Steven Stangle
Software Engineer
Engineering Leadership Program

General Dynamics
Mission Systems
100 Plastics Ave
Pittsfield, MA 01201

Work - (413) 494-3574
Cell - (518) 791-6737

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policies 07-103 and 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.

* Re: Old Laptop Linux Driver
@ 2017-04-11 14:11 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2017-04-11 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stangle, Steven P., intel-gfx

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, "Stangle, Steven P." <Steven.Stangle@gd-ms.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I am looking for the best driver to use on an old computer
> running RHEL 7.2.  The computer is a Gateway m465-g which has an Intel
> 945gm Chipset with integrated graphics - intel graphics media
> accelerator (GMA) 950.
>
> What driver am I looking for, and how would I install it. The computer
> does not connect to the internet. Any advice?

Is there something wrong with the drivers shipping with RHEL 7.2? The
drm/i915 shipping with upstream kernels at the time should work just
fine.

> This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD
> Corporate Policies 07-103 and 07-105 and is intended to be accessed
> only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are
> governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual
> restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the
> policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not
> an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all
> copies of the original message.

Please ensure your messages to the intel-gfx list (or public open source
mailing lists in general) do not include this kind of disclaimers.

BR,
Jani.