* How to re-run configure after changing Makefile.am
@ 2014-03-13  2:54 Norman Cheung
From: Norman Cheung @ 2014-03-13  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

I wonder what bitbake commmand is used in Yocto to re-run configure?

I have modified the gstreamer core elements Makefile.am, and updated a
source file.

bitbake -f -c compile gstreamer doesn't seem to re-configure the Makefile

Thanks,
Norman

* Re: How to re-run configure after changing Makefile.am
@ 2014-03-13 14:48 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-13 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: br jer; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Norman Cheung <brjerome.1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder what bitbake commmand is used in Yocto to re-run configure?
>
> I have modified the gstreamer core elements Makefile.am, and updated a
> source file.
>
> bitbake -f -c compile gstreamer doesn't seem to re-configure the Makefile

bitbake -f -c configure gstreamer

or you can use devshell for this kind of 'hack'.

* Re: How to re-run configure after changing Makefile.am
@ 2014-03-13 14:54   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2014-03-13 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

On 2014-03-13 08:48, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Norman Cheung <brjerome.1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wonder what bitbake commmand is used in Yocto to re-run configure?
>>
>> I have modified the gstreamer core elements Makefile.am, and updated a
>> source file.
>>
>> bitbake -f -c compile gstreamer doesn't seem to re-configure the Makefile
>
> bitbake -f -c configure gstreamer

Probably better to do
  bitbake gstreamer -C configure
which will restart the whole recipe at the configure step.

If you use -c (lower case), you only get the configure step and
you then have to force a compile to complete the build.

@ 2014-03-13 14:57     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-13 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas, Mario Goulart; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Gary,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2014-03-13 08:48, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Norman Cheung <brjerome.1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I wonder what bitbake commmand is used in Yocto to re-run configure?
>>>
>>> I have modified the gstreamer core elements Makefile.am, and updated a
>>> source file.
>>>
>>> bitbake -f -c compile gstreamer doesn't seem to re-configure the Makefile
>>
>> bitbake -f -c configure gstreamer
>
> Probably better to do
>   bitbake gstreamer -C configure
> which will restart the whole recipe at the configure step.
>
> If you use -c (lower case), you only get the configure step and
> you then have to force a compile to complete the build.

I didn't know this 'trick'; nice one :-) Mario, this is useful for
your current debug ;-)

* Re: How to re-run configure after changing Makefile.am
@ 2014-03-13 14:59       ` Mario Domenech Goulart
From: Mario Domenech Goulart @ 2014-03-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale, Gary Thomas

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:57:04 -0300 Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

>>> bitbake -f -c configure gstreamer
>>
>> Probably better to do
>>   bitbake gstreamer -C configure
>> which will restart the whole recipe at the configure step.
>>
>> If you use -c (lower case), you only get the configure step and
>> you then have to force a compile to complete the build.
>
> I didn't know this 'trick'; nice one :-) Mario, this is useful for
> your current debug ;-)

Indeed!  Thanks for the tip, Gary.

Best wishes.
Mario