* RE: PM error: Powerdomain (core_pwddm) didn't enter target state 1
       [not found] <42B46BA8-AF35-42B5-9616-EADA31EF0553@mac.com>
@ 2009-06-05 15:42 ` Wang Sawsd-A24013
From: Wang Sawsd-A24013 @ 2009-06-05 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elvis Dowson, Kevin Hilman; +Cc: Linux OMAP Users

It seems you are running Android, I guess the frist time you just got an IOPAD wakeup
Which wakes up the HW, the second time you got the touch event and report
It to the upper layer SW, so the UI is woken up.

> However, in the console, I see the following error message:
>
> request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 14677886951 (2000-01-01
> 00:01:16.457611018 UTC)
> request_suspend_state: sleep (0->3) at 76534332261 (2000-01-01
> 00:02:18.314025810 UTC)
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
> PM: suspend devices took 0.226 seconds
> Powerdomain (mpu_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (neon_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (core_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (cam_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (per_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (usbhost_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Could not enter target state in pm_suspend
> wakeup wake lock: mmc_delayed_work
> mmc1: mmc_rescan - card ocr from io_op=0x00000000, err = -110
> PM: resume devices took 0.531 seconds
> Restarting tasks ... <7>hub 1-0:1.0: state 7 ports 1 chg 0000 evt 0000
> done.
> suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2000-01-01 00:02:24.561462403 UTC)
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
>

> What do these error messages indicate ?
It means most of the power domains didn't enter RETENTION in your case,
It is so strange that even your MPU didn't hit RETENTION state.
Did you set any SLEEP dependency on some other power domains for MPU?

@ 2009-06-05 15:53 ` Kevin Hilman
       [not found]   ` <277E4F10-4228-40C5-85C8-5B365B861DFF@mac.com>
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2009-06-05 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elvis Dowson; +Cc: Linux OMAP Users

Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson@mac.com> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
> 		  I managed to successfully incorporate all your PM
> patches to the  linux-omap-2.6 master branch, for the gumstix overo
> earth (TI OMAP  3503). I am currently using it with Tomi's DSS2 (not
> the full set, but  the dss2.patch that comes with the overo
> openembedded repository.

It's pretty difficult for me to know what you are actually running by
the description above.  You've taken a bunch of stuff, put them
together in some unspecified way, and are using an unspecified config.

> When the device goes to suspend mode, and I immediately touch the
> touch screen, to wake it up, two things happen:
>
> a. it wakes up and immediately goes back to suspend.
> b. if I touch it once more, a bit longer this time, it wakes up.
>
> However, in the console, I see the following error message:
>
> request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 14677886951 (2000-01-01
> 00:01:16.457611018 UTC)
> request_suspend_state: sleep (0->3) at 76534332261 (2000-01-01
> 00:02:18.314025810 UTC)
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
> PM: suspend devices took 0.226 seconds
> Powerdomain (mpu_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (neon_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (core_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (cam_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (per_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Powerdomain (usbhost_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1
> Could not enter target state in pm_suspend

Hmm, none of the powerdomains left active, so that suggests that none
of the clocks are being auto-disabled.  I'll take guess you don't have
CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS=y in your config.

> wakeup wake lock: mmc_delayed_work

Hmm, wake lock.  You've definitely applied android patches.

Kevin

@ 2009-06-05 17:49     ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2009-06-05 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elvis Dowson; +Cc: Linux OMAP Users

Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson@mac.com> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>

>> It's pretty difficult for me to know what you are actually running by
>> the description above.  You've taken a bunch of stuff, put them
>> together in some unspecified way, and are using an unspecified config.
>
> Sorry about that, I'm working on an android port to the gumstix overo
> earth platform. I'm trying to incorporate patches from the
> android-2.6.29 kernel, tomi's latest dss2 patches and your pm patches,
> to the linux-omap-2.6 master branch.

For initial PM debugging, I highly recommend something closer to what
others are developing and testing against.  Using the PM branch
patches on top of linux-omap master is not yet tested and validated,
so I can't give you any support there.

For example, you might start from the Android OMAP kernel which
is 2.6.29 based and includes the PM branch already.

  http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/omap.git

Then you'd just have to add your dss2 and Overo stuff there.

Kevin

* Re: PM error: Powerdomain (core_pwddm) didn't enter target state 1
@ 2009-06-06  0:44       ` Rebecca Schultz Zavin
From: Rebecca Schultz Zavin @ 2009-06-06  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman; +Cc: Elvis Dowson, Linux OMAP Users

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Kevin
Hilman<khilman@deeprootsystems.com> wrote:
> Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson@mac.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>>

>>> It's pretty difficult for me to know what you are actually running by
>>> the description above.  You've taken a bunch of stuff, put them
>>> together in some unspecified way, and are using an unspecified config.
>>
>> Sorry about that, I'm working on an android port to the gumstix overo
>> earth platform. I'm trying to incorporate patches from the
>> android-2.6.29 kernel, tomi's latest dss2 patches and your pm patches,
>> to the linux-omap-2.6 master branch.
>
> For initial PM debugging, I highly recommend something closer to what
> others are developing and testing against.  Using the PM branch
> patches on top of linux-omap master is not yet tested and validated,
> so I can't give you any support there.
>
> For example, you might start from the Android OMAP kernel which
> is 2.6.29 based and includes the PM branch already.
>
>  http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/omap.git
>
> Then you'd just have to add your dss2 and Overo stuff there.

Dss2 is already there as are Kevin's pm patches.  We're actively
debugging pm issues there as well.  We're happy to take patches
against that branch if you feel like contributing back.

@ 2009-06-06  7:38         ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2009-06-06  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux OMAP Users