* Re: Custom Interrupt Handler for NMI
       [not found] ` <CAHp75VdLYrz4u=hentebG5wpmOEHEjbbTm1yd0HgrcPQ60V+rg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-09-18 10:17   ` Alexander Shishkin
From: Alexander Shishkin @ 2018-09-18 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko, jack.henschel
  Cc: Platform Driver, Darren Hart, linux-kernel, a.p.zijlstra,
	andi.kleen, alexander.shishkin

Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM Jack Henschel <jack.henschel@mailbox.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> is it possible to register a custom interrupt handler for a NMI/PMI
>> Interrupt?
>
> I don't think so, though I'm not an expert in the area, so, I also
> might be interested to see the answer to this question.

Sure, register_nmi_handler().

>> In particular, I want to catch the Intel PT interrupt (generated by the
>> PMU and sent over the LAPIC) in a kernel module. Is such a thing possible?
>
> I'm not sure why do you need this, Cc'ed to PT driver author.

Thanks, Andy. I am indeed interested in all the different PT drivers out
there.

So far, I'm aware of the perf driver and an out of tree simple-pt. If
you end up with yet another one, do let me know.

Good luck,
--
Alex

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-09-18 10:17 UTC | newest]