* Speology of old handheld.org site
@ 2018-04-09 15:22 Robert Jarzmik
From: Robert Jarzmik @ 2018-04-09 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Phlipp and Paul,

I've got a "recent" hx4700 I'm going to convert to Linux.
I was kinda hopping following this :
http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader

Unfortunately handhelds.org is down. Would either of you have kept a copy or
notes that could help me :
 - backup the old WinCE (d2s bootloader command or something along these lines)
 - install the booloader that enables uploading and booting a kernel on the
 USB/SD card.

Cheers.

--
Robert

* Speology of old handheld.org site
@ 2018-04-09 16:44 ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2018-04-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 04/09/2018 08:22 AM, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
> Hi Phlipp and Paul,
>
> I've got a "recent" hx4700 I'm going to convert to Linux.
> I was kinda hopping following this :
> http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader
>
> Unfortunately handhelds.org is down. Would either of you have kept a copy or
> notes that could help me :
>  - backup the old WinCE (d2s bootloader command or something along these lines)
>  - install the booloader that enables uploading and booting a kernel on the
>  USB/SD card.

Have you tried web.archive.org? It seems to have retained a snapshot:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100713033736/http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader
--
Florian

* Speology of old handheld.org site
@ 2018-04-11  9:15   ` Robert Jarzmik
From: Robert Jarzmik @ 2018-04-11  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/09/2018 08:22 AM, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
>> Hi Phlipp and Paul,
>>
>> I've got a "recent" hx4700 I'm going to convert to Linux.
>> I was kinda hopping following this :
>> http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader
>>
>> Unfortunately handhelds.org is down. Would either of you have kept a copy or
>> notes that could help me :
>>  - backup the old WinCE (d2s bootloader command or something along these lines)
>>  - install the booloader that enables uploading and booting a kernel on the
>>  USB/SD card.
>
> Have you tried web.archive.org? It seems to have retained a snapshot:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20100713033736/http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqHx4700OriginalBootloader

Thanks Florian, that helps.

I still have the question which lacks an answer : how are you all uploading your
kernels to the hx4700 on the fly ? Do you have a "trick" to make usb (ymodem or
usbnet) work ? Are you using SDGSystems bootloader or another one ?

Or put it simply : how did you do to maintain the hx4700 and try new kernels ?

Cheers.

--
Robert