* [Qemu-devel] Add 3D video card acceleration
@ 2015-04-08 14:40 Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2015-04-08 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: qemu-discuss

It would be great if QEMU could emulate a 3D video card. We would all be able to play our games in it. VirtualBox does have a GPL v2 implementation of a 2D and 3D video card. If there any reason why we can't port their video card to QEMU?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Add 3D video card acceleration
@ 2015-04-25  4:56 ` Kris zhang
From: Kris zhang @ 2015-04-25  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel, qemu-discuss

I have same question too, anybody know the reason?

@ 2015-04-25 13:46   ` Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2015-04-25 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kris zhang; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel, qemu-discuss

On Apr 25, 2015, at 12:56 AM, Kris zhang wrote:

> I have same question too, anybody know the reason?
>

> On Wednesday, April 8, 2015, Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It would be great if QEMU could emulate a 3D video card. We would all be able to play our games in it. VirtualBox does have a GPL v2 implementation of a 2D and 3D video card. If there any reason why we can't port their video card to QEMU?

When responding to post, place your response below who you are responding to. Top posting is a no-no for most lists.

I am guessing no one has the time to do it. So far you are the only one who has responded to my question.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Add 3D video card acceleration
@ 2015-04-25 14:16   ` Dale R. Worley
From: Dale R. Worley @ 2015-04-25 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kris zhang; +Cc: qemu-devel, qemu-discuss

Kris zhang <zhang.kris@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wednesday, April 8, 2015, Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> It would be great if QEMU could emulate a 3D video card. We would all be
> able to play our games in it. VirtualBox does have a GPL v2 implementation
> of a 2D and 3D video card. If there any reason why we can't port their
> video card to QEMU?
>
> I have same question too, anybody know the reason?

It looks like VirtualBox doesn't have an onerous license, so it should
be possible.  My guess is that nobody's been motivated to put in the
work to do it.

In reference to the original message, Who is this "we" that is spoken
of?

Dale

* Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Add 3D video card acceleration
       [not found] <mailman.89.1429977633.5625.qemu-discuss@nongnu.org>
@ 2015-04-25 23:34 ` Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2015-04-25 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-discuss-request, qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: Kris zhang, worley