* Samba server footprint
@ 2013-01-23 21:44 Marc Ferland
From: Marc Ferland @ 2013-01-23 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to install a very simple and light-weight samba
server on a mobile system.

So far I've tried with the recipe found in meta-oe but the size of the
installation is way too big (my squashfs image size grows from 196MB to
233MB).

Playing around with the configure flags I was able to reduce the size a
little bit but this is still way too big. The smbd binary alone weights
24MB (ouch!).

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Marc

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-01-23 21:44 UTC | newest]