* run-parts,find, kupdated: What are they and how to control them?
@ 2003-07-18 13:25 joe briggs
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: joe briggs @ 2003-07-18 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Please - can someone explain what happens here once a day when my machine
becomes completely unusable, a tremendous amount of disk i/o begins to occur,
and 'top' shows "run-parts" and "find" at > 80% cpu utilization. What are
they doing?  Are they necessary?  Can they be controlled. In Googling for
these answers first, all I see are compaints, but no answers. Can someone
PLEASE either explain what these are doing and how they are controlled, or
point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

--
Joe Briggs
Briggs Media Systems