* mount: misleading and generic error when trying to mount bad image
@ 2021-10-15 14:03 Andrea Monaco
From: Andrea Monaco @ 2021-10-15 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Hello,

whenever I try to mount a badly formatted image, like with

  # mount -o loop test.img /mnt/test

I get the error

  mount: /mnt/test: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
  /dev/loop0, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

This message seems too vague to me.  Also, the error is about test.img
rather than /mnt/test, so why prefix the message with the mount point?

If you agree with my point, maybe I can work on improving those.

Let me know,

Andrea Monaco

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-15 14:13 UTC | newest]