* Fully operable build post
@ 2020-05-27 19:52 Chris Hoy
From: Chris Hoy @ 2020-05-27 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello all,

I am proud to see that I have my barebones implementation of qemu finally
working. After starting earlier this year, I have slowly made progress to
fully integrate my kernel hardware into a gpu-passthrough vm. I went
through many settings and templates from various sources and finally have
something that works for me for a start and would be really interested in
lining out my experiences. It is my observation that the documentation may
be a bit unevenly distributed on the official page as far as templates go
and so if I could help I would like to send my template through the
official forum. Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

* Re: Fully operable build post
@ 2020-05-28  8:48 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2020-05-28  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Hoy; +Cc: qemu-devel

Chris Hoy <hoychris01@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am proud to see that I have my barebones implementation of qemu finally
> working. After starting earlier this year, I have slowly made progress to
> fully integrate my kernel hardware into a gpu-passthrough vm. I went
> through many settings and templates from various sources and finally have
> something that works for me for a start and would be really interested in
> lining out my experiences. It is my observation that the documentation may
> be a bit unevenly distributed on the official page as far as templates go
> and so if I could help I would like to send my template through the
> official forum. Any help or advice with this would be greatly
> appreciated.

We have a top level page on contribution here:

  https://www.qemu.org/contribute/

specifically the page:

  https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch

goes into some detail on how to prepare, format and submit your patches.
Specifically it has notes on basing on master, breaking up a long series
for easy review and how to submit to the mailing list using git
send-email.

If there is something you don't understand in those pages or something
that could be made clearer then please ask for clarification here or on
the IRC channel.

--
Alex Bennée