* [Buildroot] Docker.sock problem
@ 2019-01-23 23:46 Bedran Atug
From: Bedran Atug @ 2019-01-23 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,
I have created an image with Buildroot. I wanted to install Docker inside my image. All docker commands work, but when I start a docker container like docker run hello-world, I get the following problem: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:/var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
I already looked in the var/run/ directory but there is no docker.sock file there.
Can please anybody send me a defconfig file where Docker runs stable?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Docker.sock problem
@ 2019-01-30 22:30 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2019-01-30 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hello,
 > I have created an image with Buildroot. I wanted to install Docker
 > inside my image. All docker commands work, but when I start a docker
 > container like docker run hello-world, I get the following problem:
 > Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:/var/run/docker.sock. Is
 > the docker daemon running?
 > I already looked in the var/run/ directory but there is no docker.sock file there.

The issue is that the docker-engine package currently does not provide
an init script to start dockerd at bootup.

I have submitted a patch to add a init script:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1033807/

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard