* [Buildroot] how to install package ltp-testsuite outside of target directory
@ 2017-05-16  2:23 YUAN Linyu
From: YUAN Linyu @ 2017-05-16  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

When I build ltp-testsuite into a ARM initramfs image, it's very big,
so system can't load module which can load without ltp-testsuite built.

section 3 reloc 1 sym 'vmalloc_to_page': relocation 28 out of range
 (0xbf000034 -> 0xc1a18f1c)

I try to build ltp-testsuite outside the target rootfs.,
for example, $(BASE_DIR)/ ltp-testsuite,
it need change below configuration in pkg-autotools.mk,
and add one configuration item to enable user define a directory for install.

$(2)_INSTALL_TARGET_OPTS                ?= DESTDIR=$$(TARGET_DIR) install
==>
$(2)_TARGET_DIR		?= $$(TARGET_DIR)
$(2)_INSTALL_TARGET_OPTS                ?= DESTDIR=$$($(2)_TARGET_DIR) install

anyone have a better solution?

thanks

* [Buildroot] how to install package ltp-testsuite outside of target directory
@ 2017-05-17  8:41 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2017-05-17  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi,
 > When I build ltp-testsuite into a ARM initramfs image, it's very big,
 > so system can't load module which can load without ltp-testsuite built.

 > section 3 reloc 1 sym 'vmalloc_to_page': relocation 28 out of range
 >  (0xbf000034 -> 0xc1a18f1c)

 > I try to build ltp-testsuite outside the target rootfs.,
 > for example, $(BASE_DIR)/ ltp-testsuite,
 > it need change below configuration in pkg-autotools.mk,
 > and add one configuration item to enable user define a directory for install.

 > $(2)_INSTALL_TARGET_OPTS                ?= DESTDIR=$$(TARGET_DIR) install
 > ==>
 > $(2)_TARGET_DIR		?= $$(TARGET_DIR)
 > $(2)_INSTALL_TARGET_OPTS                ?= DESTDIR=$$($(2)_TARGET_DIR) install

 > anyone have a better solution?

An alternative is to write a post-build script to remove these files
from the rootfs and instead create a seperate filesystem with the ltp
files.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] how to install package ltp-testsuite outside of target directory
@ 2017-05-17  8:48   ` YUAN Linyu
From: YUAN Linyu @ 2017-05-17  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Do you mean private post-build script, right?
So buildroot will not provide an official solution to do such thing, right?

@ 2017-05-17  9:03     ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2017-05-17  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 >> An alternative is to write a post-build script to remove these files
 >> from the rootfs and instead create a seperate filesystem with the ltp
 >> files.
 > Do you mean private post-build script, right?

Yes, a custom script.

 > So buildroot will not provide an official solution to do such thing,
 > right?

The single rootfs assumption is quite deep in Buildroot and I haven't
seen a design for how we could cleanly handle various rootfs splitups
without introducing a lot of complexity, so don't expect Buildroot to
officially support it in the near future.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] how to install package ltp-testsuite outside of target directory
@ 2017-05-17  9:17       ` YUAN Linyu
From: YUAN Linyu @ 2017-05-17  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I am not try to create multiple rootfs, I just want to move ltp-testsuite
(or other package which have big size) from rootfs to another place, then
I can do operation like tar it or manual create another file system.

@ 2017-05-17  9:51         ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2017-05-17  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 >> The single rootfs assumption is quite deep in Buildroot and I haven't
 >> seen a design for how we could cleanly handle various rootfs splitups
 >> without introducing a lot of complexity, so don't expect Buildroot to
 >> officially support it in the near future.

> I am not try to create multiple rootfs, I just want to move ltp-testsuite
 > (or other package which have big size) from rootfs to another place, then
 > I can do operation like tar it or manual create another file system.

Yes, that is really what I mean with multiple filesystems. You want to
remove a part of the buildroot rootfs and store the data in another
filesystem.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard