* How to use multiple backing devices
@ 2016-02-09  4:47 Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2016-02-09  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache

Hello,

If I'm understanding Documentation/bcache.txt correctly, I should be
able to use one SSD to cache multiple spinning disks.

However, I'm at a loss of how to set this up in practice. I believe I
need to do

  make-bcache -B /dev/sda  # spinning rust
  make-bcache -B /dev/sdb  # spinning rust
  make-bcache -C /dev/sdc  # ssd

and then something like

  echo <CSET-UUID> > /sys/block/bcacheX/bcache/attach

But what do I have to put for X, and what for CSET-UUID? I believe for
at least one of those values I will have two options (because there are
two backing devices).

Thanks,
-Nikolaus

(No Cc on replies please, I'm reading the list)