* [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash
@ 2012-01-19 13:21 Mathieu CLAVEL
From: Mathieu CLAVEL @ 2012-01-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

I first posted that message on the group for msysgit [1].

====

I'm using mysgit 1.7.8 on XP.

I think the stash name completion has a problem.
I don't know if it's a problem from my system, mysgit or git.

Here are the steps to reproduce (you need to have at least 2 stashed commits).
'+ tab =>' means using the tab to autocomplete the current command. Left part is
before completion, right tab is after completion.

$ git stash list
stash@{0}: WIP on feature/preservation_offres: 7f2c9a8 import.cmd : import par
lot de 10.000 contrats
stash@{1}: WIP on feature/echeancier: ddb7bb0 Mockito : 1.8.5 -> 1.9.0

$ git stash drop '+ tab =>' $ git stash drop stash@{

$ git stash drop stash@{0 '+ tab =>' $ git stash drop stashstash@{0}

I don't know if it's relevant, but I also have 'git flow' and 'git flow
completion' installed, and as said in a previous thread, 'git flow completion'
isn't working with alias [2].

====

Regards,

Mathieu CLAVEL

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/msysgit/AgGY7wl8IJQ/discussion
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/msysgit/UnBHlY9eAK0/JfdH7q2hcsAJ

* Re: [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash
@ 2012-01-19 16:18 ` Thomas Rast
From: Thomas Rast @ 2012-01-19 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu CLAVEL; +Cc: git

Mathieu CLAVEL <math.clavel@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using mysgit 1.7.8 on XP.
>
> I think the stash name completion has a problem.
> I don't know if it's a problem from my system, mysgit or git.
>
> Here are the steps to reproduce (you need to have at least 2 stashed commits).
> '+ tab =>' means using the tab to autocomplete the current command. Left part is
> before completion, right tab is after completion.
>
> $ git stash list
> stash@{0}: WIP on feature/preservation_offres: 7f2c9a8 import.cmd : import par
> lot de 10.000 contrats
> stash@{1}: WIP on feature/echeancier: ddb7bb0 Mockito : 1.8.5 -> 1.9.0
>
> $ git stash drop '+ tab =>' $ git stash drop stash@{
>
> $ git stash drop stash@{0 '+ tab =>' $ git stash drop stashstash@{0}
>
> I don't know if it's relevant, but I also have 'git flow' and 'git flow
> completion' installed, and as said in a previous thread, 'git flow completion'
> isn't working with alias [2].

This works for me using git completion as shipped with v1.7.9-rc2 and
bash 4.2.10.  Double-tabbing at 'git stash drop ' prints a list of
stashes as expected.  Which bash version are you using?

--
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch

* Re: [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash
@ 2012-01-19 16:34   ` Mathieu CLAVEL
From: Mathieu CLAVEL @ 2012-01-19 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Thomas Rast <trast <at> student.ethz.ch> writes:

> This works for me using git completion as shipped with v1.7.9-rc2 and
> bash 4.2.10.  Double-tabbing at 'git stash drop ' prints a list of
> stashes as expected.  Which bash version are you using?

$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.1.0(1)-release (i686-pc-msys)

It's the version ship with the last version of msysGit.
I'm not sure I can update bash on Windows without any risk to break something.
So, do you think it's coming from the bash version ?

* Re: [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash
@ 2012-01-19 18:14     ` Thomas Rast
From: Thomas Rast @ 2012-01-19 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu CLAVEL; +Cc: git

Mathieu CLAVEL <math.clavel@gmail.com> writes:

> Thomas Rast <trast <at> student.ethz.ch> writes:
>
>> This works for me using git completion as shipped with v1.7.9-rc2 and
>> bash 4.2.10.  Double-tabbing at 'git stash drop ' prints a list of
>> stashes as expected.  Which bash version are you using?
>

> $ bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.1.0(1)-release (i686-pc-msys)
>
> It's the version ship with the last version of msysGit.
> I'm not sure I can update bash on Windows without any risk to break something.
> So, do you think it's coming from the bash version ?

Indeed, I compiled bash 3.1 and with that (and otherwise the same bashrc
etc.) I can reproduce.  Ditto for 4.0-rc1, which was the newest version
in the repository where I found the bash source[1], so I couldn't
bisect.  Perhaps if you can hunt down something newer you could try to
find the version where it starts working.

[1] git://gitorious.org/bash/bash.git

--
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch

* Re: [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash
@ 2012-01-23  8:36       ` Mathieu CLAVEL
From: Mathieu CLAVEL @ 2012-01-23  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Thomas Rast <trast <at> student.ethz.ch> writes:

> Indeed, I compiled bash 3.1 and with that (and otherwise the same bashrc
> etc.) I can reproduce.  Ditto for 4.0-rc1, which was the newest version
> in the repository where I found the bash source[1], so I couldn't
> bisect.  Perhaps if you can hunt down something newer you could try to
> find the version where it starts working.
>
> [1] git://gitorious.org/bash/bash.git

Thanks, so it's not a git issue, but a problm with the bash version.

Regards,

Mathieu