* Netfilter redirect does not work with wireguard
@ 2019-11-07 16:38 Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2019-11-07 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am experimenting with nft / netfilter redirects to support wireguard
packets on *any* udp port. I tried using the following configuration for
nftables:

[17:34:14] vpn-2a0ae5c1:~# cat /etc/nftables.conf
#!/usr/sbin/nft -f

flush ruleset

table ip nat {
	chain prerouting {
		type nat hook prerouting priority 0;

		# SSH works
		tcp dport != 22 redirect to 22

		# wireguard doesn't
		udp dport != 51820 redirect to 51820
	}

	chain postrouting {
		type nat hook postrouting priority 0;
	}
}

However as you can see in the comments, this does not work with
wireguard, however it does work with SSH.

I can see that wireguard is kernel space, and ssh user space, but does
that cause the netfilter part to be skipped or am I doing some silly
mistake here?

Best regards,

Nico

--