* [Qemu-devel] log every write to Aarch64 regs
@ 2016-11-23  7:53 Sergey Smolov
From: Sergey Smolov @ 2016-11-23  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

Hello, List!

I have a subset of Aarch64 registers and I need to print something to
QEMU log every time the emulator writes new data to them.

Is this problem fully or partially solvable in QEMU?

What QEMU components should I look inside to implement this?

Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely yours,
Sergey Smolov

* Re: [Qemu-devel] log every write to Aarch64 regs
@ 2016-11-23 11:26 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2016-11-23 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Smolov; +Cc: QEMU Developers

Sergey Smolov <smolov@ispras.ru> writes:

> Hello, List!
>
> I have a subset of Aarch64 registers and I need to print something to
> QEMU log every time the emulator writes new data to them.
>
> Is this problem fully or partially solvable in QEMU?
>
> What QEMU components should I look inside to implement this?

For local experimentation you can use plain fprintf's or qemu_log. If
you want something more performance orientated you'll want to look at
the tracing infrastructure. See docs/tracing.txt in the source tree.

--
Alex Bennée

* Re: [Qemu-devel] log every write to Aarch64 regs
@ 2016-11-23 11:28 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2016-11-23 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Smolov; +Cc: QEMU Developers

Sergey Smolov <smolov@ispras.ru> writes:

> Hello, List!
>
> I have a subset of Aarch64 registers and I need to print something to
> QEMU log every time the emulator writes new data to them.

Sorry I forgot to ask what the subset was? System registers are generally
easier as they tend to end up in helpers. Also this is slightly
different for KVM and TCG based guests.

--
Alex Bennée