* [Buildroot] Roku is Hiring Senior Software Engineers with Buildroot experience
@ 2014-05-29  9:13 Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2014-05-29  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

FYI,

Deeann Liu of Roku contacted me to ask if it would be OK to send a mail
to the list about a Buildroot related job opening. We discussed it
yesterday on IRC, and nobody disagreed as long as this doesn't start
happening very often.

Looking at http://www.roku.com/opensource, they do use Buildroot (but
unfortunately quite old versions, hopefully this person they are seeking
can improve that).

Deeann had some issues mailing the list, so I'm forwarding it here:

<snip>

Open Source Software Engineer

The Role and Responsibilities:

Roku is seeking a qualified and versatile Open Source Software Engineer
with the drive to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The
candidate will be responsible for maintaining all open source software
used in Roku?s firmware, upgrading packages when appropriate, migrating
proprietary code that interfaces with open source software, applying
security patches, interacting with the open source community, and
evangelizing new open source features to the broader Roku engineering
team.

Experience/Qualifications:

- 3+ years software engineering experience using a variety of open
  source software

- Experience with tools commonly used in open source Linux software
  development, such as gcc, glibc, make, autoconf, git, subversion, etc.

- Experience with embedded Linux environments and packages such as
  buildroot and bionic is preferred

- Comfort at all levels of the software stack, from applying kernel
  patches all the way up to GUI libraries

- Interest in and suitability for representing Roku to the open source
  community

- Excellent C/C++ programmer

- BSCS or equivalent required

We are also looking to build a team of Senior Software Engineers with
systems, multimedia &/or security experience, as well as UI frameworks
&/or apps development experience.

Roku is the market leader in streaming entertainment devices for the TV
& our products are revolutionary, innovative & fun (just like our folks
here).  Located in Saratoga, CA, we offer generous compensation,
benefits, pre-IPO stock options, as well as an opportunity to work &
play with some brilliant folks! Join us?and be a part of the Roku
revolution!

If you're interested in hearing more, then please email me your resume &
the best times to talk @ dmahoney at roku.com. Also check us out @
http://www.roku.com/about/employment.

If you're happy & not looking to make a career move, perhaps you know of
someone who is a good fit? If your referral gets hired, then we will
give you a free, Roku3! In any case, we should connect on LinkedIn. :-)

Deeann Liu Mahoney

Senior Technical Recruiter | dmahoney at roku.com | C: 408.761.0373

Roku, Inc.

12980 Saratoga Ave., Suite D | Saratoga | CA 95070

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-29  9:13 UTC | newest]