* [Buildroot] easynews sourceforge mirror is down
@ 2011-02-05  7:11 bruce bushby
From: bruce bushby @ 2011-02-05  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi

Not sure if the site is down for maintenance but the "easynews" sourceforge
mirror is no longer responding.

To get around this with existing config I simply added a local hosts file
entry using the IP address for "switch.dl.sourceforge.net"

echo "130.59.138.21 easynews.sourceforge.net" >> /etc/hosts

Bruce
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] easynews sourceforge mirror is down
@ 2011-02-05  7:31 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2011-02-05  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 bruce> Hi

 bruce> Not sure if the site is down for maintenance but the "easynews"
 bruce> sourceforge mirror is no longer responding.

Yeah, I noticed as well. It's probably related to the recent sf.net
breakin attempts.

 bruce> To get around this with existing config I simply added a local hosts file entry
 bruce> using the IP address for "switch.dl.sourceforge.net"

 bruce> echo "130.59.138.21 easynews.sourceforge.net" >> /etc/hosts

Or you can simply select another sf.net mirror in Build options ->
Mirrors and download locations -> Sourceforge mirror site ;)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] easynews sourceforge mirror is down
@ 2011-02-05 19:41   ` Sergio Monteiro Basto
From: Sergio Monteiro Basto @ 2011-02-05 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 08:31 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  bruce> Hi
>
>  bruce> Not sure if the site is down for maintenance but the "easynews"
>  bruce> sourceforge mirror is no longer responding.
>
> Yeah, I noticed as well. It's probably related to the recent sf.net
> breakin attempts.
>
>  bruce> To get around this with existing config I simply added a local hosts file entry
>  bruce> using the IP address for "switch.dl.sourceforge.net"
>
>  bruce> echo "130.59.138.21 easynews.sourceforge.net" >> /etc/hosts
>
> Or you can simply select another sf.net mirror in Build options ->
> Mirrors and download locations -> Sourceforge mirror site ;)

Yeah ,
using
downloads.sourceforge.net will redirect for a good mirror
for example :
wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/freetype/freetype-2.4.4.tar.bz2

redirect to kent or
http://sunet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/freetype/freetype2/2.4.4/freetype-2.4.4.tar.bz2

so edit .config and replace easynews with kent or sunet or other that is
near to you .

S?rgio M. B.