* [Buildroot] build process needs host executable
@ 2009-04-16 21:23 Chris Bare
From: Chris Bare @ 2009-04-16 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I'm trying to add xmlrpc-c to buildroot, but one of the things the build does
is try to run an executable it just built. Obviously this doesn't work because
it is built for the target, not the host.

Can anyone point me to an example of how this was dealt with in other
packages?
In this case, I don't think the executable is needed on the target, it is just
part of the build process.
--
Chris Bare
chris at bareflix.com

* [Buildroot] build process needs host executable
@ 2009-04-27  6:59 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2009-04-27  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

 Chris> Can anyone point me to an example of how this was dealt with
 Chris> in other packages?  In this case, I don't think the executable
 Chris> is needed on the target, it is just part of the build process.

Look at the packages we have which first build a -host version and
uses the binaries from there. dbus-glib is an example (it needs
dbus-binding-tool).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard