* [Buildroot] Suggestion: consider tzdata updates for LTS
@ 2020-04-02 14:35 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-04-02 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I'd like to propose that updates to the tzdata package are made to the
active LTS branch. Indeed, even "old" systems that are in production
want to stay up-to-date with timezone information changes. Some country
or geographic areas once in a while change their time zone rules, and
it makes sense to keep systems in the field update with that.

As I believe tzdata updates are pretty low risk, I would suggest that
we systematically backport updates to this package to the currently
maintained LTS branch.

What do you think ?

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Suggestion: consider tzdata updates for LTS
@ 2020-04-02 15:12 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2020-04-02 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hello,
 > I'd like to propose that updates to the tzdata package are made to the
 > active LTS branch. Indeed, even "old" systems that are in production
 > want to stay up-to-date with timezone information changes. Some country
 > or geographic areas once in a while change their time zone rules, and
 > it makes sense to keep systems in the field update with that.

 > As I believe tzdata updates are pretty low risk, I would suggest that
 > we systematically backport updates to this package to the currently
 > maintained LTS branch.

 > What do you think ?

Makes sense to me. I will take care of pending tzdata updates during my
next stable-update.

Please ping me in case I miss any other important updates, thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard