* v12.2.12 Luminous released
@ 2019-04-12 16:48 Abhishek Lekshmanan
       [not found] ` <87tvf3tbik.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2019-04-12 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, ceph-users-Qp0mS5GaXlQ,
	ceph-maintainers-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, ceph-announce-Qp0mS5GaXlQ,
	ceph-devel-a8pt6IJUokc

We are happy to announce the next bugfix release for v12.2.x Luminous
stable release series. We recommend all luminous users to upgrade to
this release. Many thanks to everyone who contributed backports and a
special mention to Yuri for the QE efforts put in to this release.

Notable Changes
---------------
* In 12.2.11 and earlier releases, keyring caps were not checked for validity,
  so the caps string could be anything. As of 12.2.12, caps strings are
  validated and providing a keyring with an invalid caps string to, e.g.,
  `ceph auth add` will result in an error.

For the complete changelog, please refer to the release blog entry at
https://ceph.com/releases/v12-2-12-luminous-released/

Getting ceph:
------------
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-12.2.12.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 1436006594665279fe734b4c15d7e08c13ebd777

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: v12.2.12 Luminous released
       [not found] ` <87tvf3tbik.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-04-13  0:03   ` Paul Emmerich
       [not found]     ` <CAD9yTbFKWkxy5JRo0H8jF6_agCB=tfeHXi87YCPC+UkX-O1GsA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul Emmerich @ 2019-04-13  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-devel-a8pt6IJUokc, ceph-devel, ceph-users,
	ceph-maintainers-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, ceph-announce-Qp0mS5GaXlQ

I think the most notable change here is the backport of the new bitmap
allocator, but that's missing completely from the change log.

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io

croit GmbH
Freseniusstr. 31h
81247 München
www.croit.io
Tel: +49 89 1896585 90

@ 2019-04-15 10:58       ` Abhishek Lekshmanan
       [not found]         ` <87r2a3tu02.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2019-04-15 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Emmerich; +Cc: ceph-devel, ceph-users

Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@croit.io> writes:

> I think the most notable change here is the backport of the new bitmap
> allocator, but that's missing completely from the change log.

Updated the changelog in docs and the blog. The earlier script was
ignoring entries that didn't link to backport tracker following back to
a master tracker.

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)