* lets think about 3.3 release
@ 2021-08-06 13:18 Petr Lautrbach
From: Petr Lautrbach @ 2021-08-06 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

Hello,

I's about 184 commits and 5 months since the last release so I think
it's time to slowly stop the development and start with 3.3 release
candidates.

According to patchwork, there are few patches in queue which need to be
reviewed, or which were reviewed and some change for requested:

* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11436955/ New [RFC] libsepol,secilc,policycoreutils: add unprivileged sandboxing capability
* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11668455/ New selinux: make use of variables when defining libdir and includedir

old, without any activity for a long time

* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12291637/ New [v2] checkpolicy: fix the leak memory when uses xperms

changes requested

* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12372487/ New [v2] libselinux: add lock callbacks
* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12377593/ New libselinux/utils: drop requirement to combine compiling and linking

no response yet

* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12420657/ New [userspace]  libsepol/cil: remove obsolete comment

acked, ready to be merged

* https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12422971/ New mcstrans: Improve mlstrans-test output

no response yet

if I missed something please tell me.

There's one issue opened on the mailing list

https://lore.kernel.org/selinux/874kc57220.fsf@defensec.nl/T/#t -
libsepol regressions

If you agree and there's no obejction I can start with preparation and
plan to release 3.3-rc1 on Wed Aug 18 2021

Petr