* [cip-dev] Codethink report weeks 14 - 17
@ 2018-04-27  8:53 Agustín Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustín Benito Bethencourt @ 2018-04-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

several interesting accomplishments these past weeks. Here is the report about
Codethink's activities at CIP.

## CIP kernel maintenance

* New CIP kernel released: 4.4.126-cip22

* Kernel configurations are now collected in Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config
** Moxa's kernel configuration evaluation pending.

* New cip-kernel sub-directory created in gitlab for kernel related repos:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel

* Moxa developers on-boarding process to the CIP kernel maintenance team has
started.
** Moxa developers can review patches having Ben H. as mentor through the cip-
dev mailing list.

## CIP kernel testing

* B at D now fully supports Renesas board #167
** There are no dependencies related with bitbake/YOCTO
** Set up description sent to Renesas asking for confirmation.
** Link: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/167
** User's documentation pending.

* Tests reports sent to cip-testing-results now include the new board support.

* Vagrant updated in B at D

## Other topics

* Now the developers involved in kernel work are meeting weekly through IRC in
the chat.freenode.net/#cip channel on Thursdays for 30 min.
** Yesterday's meeting log: https://irclogs.baserock.org/cip/%23cip.
2018-04-26.log.html#t2018-04-26T09:02:24

* Ben H. has participated in several discussions and questions through
different CIP channels related with Debian LTS, since he is part of that
effort at the Debian project.

* Ben H. and Agustin participated in the discussion that J. Colbert's article
at LWN.net has generated: https://lwn.net/Articles/749530/

* Talk related with the CIP kernel process approved by the OSSJ 2018 content
committee: https://ossalsjp19.sched.com/event/EaYy/in-need-for-a-linux-kernel-maintained-for-a-very-long-time-cip-kernel-maintenance-overview-agustin-benito-bethencourt-codethink-ltd?iframe=no&w=100%&sidebar=yes&bg=no

* Introductory talk about CIP at the OpenSouthCode (Open Source event in
Malaga, Spain) approved: https://www.opensouthcode.org/conferences/
opensouthcode2018/program/proposals/119

Best Regards
--
Agust?n Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant

* [cip-dev] Codethink report weeks 14 - 17
@ 2018-04-27 15:29 ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2018-04-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

Documentation updated - see below

Agust?n Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> several interesting accomplishments these past weeks. Here is the report about
> Codethink's activities at CIP.
>
> ## CIP kernel maintenance
>
> * New CIP kernel released: 4.4.126-cip22
>
> * Kernel configurations are now collected in Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config
> ** Moxa's kernel configuration evaluation pending.
>
> * New cip-kernel sub-directory created in gitlab for kernel related repos:
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel
>
> * Moxa developers on-boarding process to the CIP kernel maintenance team has
> started.
> ** Moxa developers can review patches having Ben H. as mentor through the cip-
> dev mailing list.
>
> ## CIP kernel testing
>
> * B at D now fully supports Renesas board #167
> ** There are no dependencies related with bitbake/YOCTO
> ** Set up description sent to Renesas asking for confirmation.
> ** Link: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/167
> ** User's documentation pending.

This has now mostly been completed - the text has been updated
#181 has been opened - and is now closed

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/181

Robert

@ 2018-04-30  7:35   ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2018-04-30  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the update.

FYI I've corrected a couple of 'BBB' references to 'IWG20M'.

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2018-05-02  7:55     ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2018-05-02  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Chris,

Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@renesas.com> writes:

>> > ## CIP kernel testing
>> >
>> > * B at D now fully supports Renesas board #167
>> > ** There are no dependencies related with bitbake/YOCTO
>> > ** Set up description sent to Renesas asking for confirmation.
>> > ** Link: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/167
>> > ** User's documentation pending.
>>
>> This has now mostly been completed - the text has been updated
>> #181 has been opened - and is now closed
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/181
>
> FYI I've corrected a couple of 'BBB' references to 'IWG20M'.

Well spotted! Thanks Chris

Robert