* qemu how-to?
@ 2017-04-03 13:55 Dmitry Monakhov
From: Dmitry Monakhov @ 2017-04-03 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkp

lkp-test project has nice howto about local case. But I want to run
lkp inside qemu in order to get beter resource utilization.
Unfortunetly it is not obvious how to do that. I've tried
#lkp split jobs/hackbench.yaml
#lkp compile hackbench-50%-threads-socket.yaml > job.yaml.sh
#lkp qemu -k $my-kernel//arch/x86/boot/bzImage job.yaml.sh
It gives me a lot of errors and exit, It's looks like script expect some
magic enviroment variables to be configured before run.
Can you please explain how to do that, or share your autostart script.

Can you please do that on clean enviroment debian enviroment (for
example inside docker container), so very first commands are
# docker run --rm -it --privileged debian:sid
#$ apt-get update
#$ apt-get install git make -y
#$ git clone https://github.com/01org/lkp-tests
#$ cd lkp-tests
#$ make install

BTW It would be nice to have this info in README file. Because IFAIU
many people want to ask this question again and again.

* Re: qemu how-to?
@ 2017-04-05  1:16 ` Huang, Ying
From: Huang, Ying @ 2017-04-05  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkp

Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@openvz.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> lkp-test project has nice howto about local case. But I want to run
> lkp inside qemu in order to get beter resource utilization.
> Unfortunetly it is not obvious how to do that. I've tried
> #lkp split jobs/hackbench.yaml
> #lkp compile hackbench-50%-threads-socket.yaml > job.yaml.sh
> #lkp qemu -k $my-kernel//arch/x86/boot/bzImage job.yaml.sh

lkp qemu is mainly for boot test now.  For performance test like
hackbench, you need to run lkp-tests inside the qemu.  Something like,

start the qemu, login into the Linux in qemu, then

# cd $lkp-tests
# make install
# lkp install jobs/hackbench.yaml
# lkp run xxx.yaml # one split job

> It gives me a lot of errors and exit, It's looks like script expect some
> magic enviroment variables to be configured before run.
> Can you please explain how to do that, or share your autostart script.
>
> Can you please do that on clean enviroment debian enviroment (for
> example inside docker container), so very first commands are
> # docker run --rm -it --privileged debian:sid
> #$ apt-get update
> #$ apt-get install git make -y
> #$ git clone https://github.com/01org/lkp-tests
> #$ cd lkp-tests
> #$ make install
>

> BTW It would be nice to have this info in README file. Because IFAIU
> many people want to ask this question again and again.

Thanks for your suggestion.  We will do that.

Best Regards,
Huang, Ying

* Re: qemu how-to?
@ 2017-04-05  7:34   ` Dmitry Monakhov