* jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-24 14:36 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-10-24 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L; +Cc: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney

Hi Abhishek,

If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing is missing from their point of view.

You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.

Cheers

[0] issues backported and merged in jewel 10.2.4 http://tracker.ceph.com/versions/524

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-24 14:42 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-10-24 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L; +Cc: Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney

On 24/10/2016 16:36, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi Abhishek,
>
> If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing is missing from their point of view.

s/it we/we/

> You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.

s/in the ttp/in http/

@ 2016-10-24 14:46 ` Abhishek L
From: Abhishek L @ 2016-10-24 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Abhishek L, Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney

Loic Dachary writes:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing is missing from their point of view.

Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads

> You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.
>
> Cheers
>
> [0] issues backported and merged in jewel 10.2.4 http://tracker.ceph.com/versions/524
>
> --
> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

Best,
Abhishek

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-24 20:21   ` Orit Wasserman
From: Orit Wasserman @ 2016-10-24 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L; +Cc: Loic Dachary, Abhishek L, Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney

Hi,
Will it be possible to include https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11626 ?

Orit

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Abhishek L <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:

> Loic Dachary writes:
>
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing is missing from their point of view.
>
> Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads
>>
>> You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> [0] issues backported and merged in jewel 10.2.4 http://tracker.ceph.com/versions/524
>>
>> --
>> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
>

> Best,
> Abhishek

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-25  2:01     ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2016-10-25  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orit Wasserman
  Cc: Abhishek L, Loic Dachary, Abhishek L, Ceph Development,
	Abhishek Varshney

This would really be a wise idea.

Matt

> >> If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do
> >> you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the
> >> release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing
> >> is missing from their point of view.
> >
> > Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads
> >>
> >> You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the
> >> ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> [0] issues backported and merged in jewel 10.2.4
> >> http://tracker.ceph.com/versions/524
> >>
> >> --
> >> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
> >

> > Best,
> > Abhishek
> > --

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103

http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage

tel.  734-707-0660
fax.  734-769-8938
cel.  734-216-5309

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-25  3:27   ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2016-10-25  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L; +Cc: Loic Dachary, Abhishek L, Ceph Development, Abhishek Varshney

Nack for RBD pending the following:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11467
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11634

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Abhishek L <abhishek@suse.com> wrote:

> Loic Dachary writes:
>
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> If we were to freeze jewel 10.2.4 today it would have 115 backports[0]. Do you think it we should stop merging new backports and prepare for the release ? If so, I'll ask the lead of each component to make sure nothing is missing from their point of view.
>
> Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads
>>
>> You can find the progress of the jewel 10.2.4 release in the ttp://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17487.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> [0] issues backported and merged in jewel 10.2.4 http://tracker.ceph.com/versions/524
>>
>> --
>> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
>

> Best,
> Abhishek

Jason

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-25  9:31       ` Abhishek L
From: Abhishek L @ 2016-10-25  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Benjamin, Orit Wasserman
  Cc: Abhishek L, Loic Dachary, Abhishek L, Ceph Development,
	Abhishek Varshney

Matt Benjamin writes:

> This would really be a wise idea.
>
> Matt

There are a few valgrind failures for RGW on the teuthology run scheduled,
http://pulpito.ceph.com/owasserm-2016-10-24_20:21:59-rgw-wip-jewel-11567---basic-vps/

(and maybe related to the patch?)

>> > Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads

>> > Best,
>> > Abhishek
>> > --

Abhishek Lekshmanan

* Re: jewel 10.2.4 freeze
@ 2016-10-25 10:34     ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-10-25 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orit Wasserman; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Orit,

Created http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17693 to track https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11626 and marked it urgent. We'll wait for it to be merged.

Cheers

@ 2016-10-25 10:36     ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-10-25 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dillaman; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Jason,

Ok, will wait for them to be merged before moving forward.

Cheers

@ 2016-10-25 12:40       ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2016-10-25 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: dillaman, Ceph Development

Loïc,

would be ideal if we can have https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11642
also. it's a simple and low-risk one.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Loic Dachary <loic@dachary.org> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Ok, will wait for them to be merged before moving forward.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 25/10/2016 05:27, Jason Dillaman wrote:
>> Nack for RBD pending the following:
>>
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11467
>> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/11634

>>> Yes, lets start getting the ack from the leads

>>> Best,
>>> Abhishek
>>> --

> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre