* Status update for the last Giant release 0.87.2
@ 2015-03-28 11:10 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-03-28 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek L; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Abhishek,

Looking at the last two issues marked as needing backport to giant:

http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/issues?query_id=68

(this link is at the top of http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO) I'm not sure what to do about http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10643. The problem is that it consistently shows up when testing upgrades that involve giant. We want to be sure Giant can be upgraded to Hammer, therefore we need to keep testing the upgrades at least for a month or two after Hammer is released to catch border cases. I think issue 10643 needs to be fixed and included in 0.87.2 so that we can have clean upgrade tests, otherwise it will mean more work for people watching over the upgrade suites (I mean Yuri here ;-). And wif 10643 is included we can squeeze http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10153 in as well, I think.

Once this is dealt with and you're done with http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11259 that you found when running the rgw suite at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11153#rgw, 0.87.2 should be good, from our point of view (the point of view of backporters) and we can move to the "asking approval" step of the workflow ( http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11153#Workflow ).

What do you think ?

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: Status update for the last Giant release 0.87.2
@ 2015-03-29  4:42 ` Abhishek L
From: Abhishek L @ 2015-03-29  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Ceph Development