From: Jiro SEKIBA <jir-hfpbi5WX9J54Eiagz67IpQ@public.gmane.org>
To: linux-nilfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org
Subject: FYI: User land tools status
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:46:28 +0900	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm pleased to share the status of the user land tools I've been working on.
Recently a few patches are incorporated into util-linux-ng and udisks
to support NILFS.  With those changes, you can play with NILFS more
convenient manner now.

New blkid in util-linux-ng let you mount NILFS partition with volume label
or UUID instead of device file, just like other filesystem does.

Furthermore you can use palimpsest to create, mount, umount the NILFS
partition by new udisks(aka DeviceKit-disks).

palimpsest is a graphical tool to manage drives and media of
gnome-disk-utility project used in ubuntu.

I don't see any Distro updates to support those yet, but at least
you can try those by retrieving source code repository of those projects.

util-linux-ng:
 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git
udisks:
 git://git.freedesktop.org/git/DeviceKit/DeviceKit-disks.git

You need recent util-linux-ng and nilfs2-utils to try the new udisks.

I also working on GNU parted to support NILFS.  The patch is already
in public, but need some more "paper work" for code assignment.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2010-July/003715.html

Any feedbacks, comments, requests for those utilities/patches are welcome!

Jiro SEKIBA <jir-hfpbi5WX9J54Eiagz67IpQ@public.gmane.org>